Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Common and baby Albino Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Common and baby Albino Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Common and baby Albino

Go down 
+2
Curby
Eaglehorsesmom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eaglehorsesmom
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Eaglehorsesmom

Female Number of posts : 43
Job/hobbies : Working on disability. Writting Riddick fan fics and watching our Plecos
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Common and baby Albino Empty
PostSubject: Common and baby Albino   Common and baby Albino EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:05 am

Here'a my first attempt at this.

Common and baby Albino IMG_0037-1
You can barely make out the lip bristles here, I believe this is a female, even though we've been calling her Mike for the last year Laughing

Common and baby Albino IMG_0031-1
This is one of our two Albino babies we got Thursday. I'll try to get better pics later, still playing around with a new camera. Smile

Eaglehorsesmom
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Common and baby Albino   Common and baby Albino EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:00 am

is it just me or does that albino look as though its got black eye's ????

Good first attempt though well done.. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
Eaglehorsesmom
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Eaglehorsesmom

Job/hobbies : Working on disability. Writting Riddick fan fics and watching our Plecos

PostSubject: Re: Common and baby Albino   Common and baby Albino EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Very Happy The eyes on both babies are red, but wouldn't it be sooo cool it they were whitish with dark eyes? That would be wild looking! Thanks I'll try to get better with practice. cheers
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Common and baby Albino   Common and baby Albino EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:13 pm

If you could get a foto of "MIke" sitting on the gravel, some one would have a better idea to ID the sex, a nice close
up of the side profile of it's head is the shot to aim for.
cheers J
Back to top Go down
Eaglehorsesmom
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Eaglehorsesmom

PostSubject: Re: Common and baby Albino   Common and baby Albino EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:13 am

I try, but everytime I get the camera out "he" makes out like the roadrunner. Laughing Gonna keep trying though. :P
Back to top Go down
Eaglehorsesmom
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Eaglehorsesmom

PostSubject: Re: Common and baby Albino   Common and baby Albino EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Just wanted to update on my BNs. I had the tank sitting in front of a window with a closed blind on it. One day for reasons unknown, the blind fell. With this being a large tank (55 US gallons) I couldn't reach the blind. Before I knew what was happening, the tank basically boiled. All my BNs, my rubber mouth and the smallest of my large commons were lost. After 2 days of fighting with it and my detererating back, it was finally relocated to a different wall.

Reanna, our next to largest common, didn't take that summer too well. If the tank temp went even 1 degree over 85 she would thrash around and slam her head into the tank wall. Eventually that is what I feel caused her to become paralized from the center of her back down. I put her out of her misery and bawled like a baby. Big Freddy, our largest common, nearly a foot long and 5 years old, took everything in stride....except Reanna's death. He grieved for over a month, not eating or swimming to the point I thought we were going to loose him as well. Then one day he was out eating. We were so happy to see the big guy out. Now he has 2 "little baby" commons he has taken under his broad fins.

My LFS of choice has started a BN tank and it's huge. It used to be one of their salt water community tank. It now has lots of driftwood and several small BNs. If I can get rid of this parasite problem that announced itself yesterday gone, I would like to try at least one more BN. Still hanging onto my dream of breeding them someday. Until then Big Freddy, my daughter and myself will be hanging out at Squidward's house. My hubby will be sitting on the couch acting like he's not watching the fish. :flower:
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Common and baby Albino   Common and baby Albino EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:08 pm

Sad Sorry to hear of your losses.

Don't give up on your dream, we all have a disaster at some time in fishkeeping.

Back to top Go down
Silvashadow
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Silvashadow

Female Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Quest for the unusual plecos!
Humor : Om nom nom?
Thank You Points : 19
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Common and baby Albino   Common and baby Albino EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Unfortunate to hear of such loses, I hope everything now is doing well.

This is why I hate blinds, cursed things they are. Death to all window blinds *hiss* Evil or Very Mad

What parasite problem have you got? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Eaglehorsesmom
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Eaglehorsesmom

PostSubject: Re: Common and baby Albino   Common and baby Albino EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:29 pm

I can't think of the full name, but it's the nemotodes that look like red threads hanging from the fish's anal region. So far it's only my daughter's new male guppy that has it. I started doctoring it with Jungle Parasite control yesterday. About to buy more in a few minutes. Hope I don't have as much trouble as some have with getting rid of these devils.
Back to top Go down
Eaglehorsesmom
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Eaglehorsesmom

PostSubject: Re: Common and baby Albino   Common and baby Albino EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:27 pm

I just bought a 1 gallon tank, dosed the water and placed the male guppy in it. I also retreated the large tank. I'm not going to hold my breath, but it does appear that the worms are turning white. If they are with the added "shock treatment" I just gave the large tank, hopefully none of the others have been infected.

Now that I know these buggers have a dormant period of one month or so, my question is, when I feel ready to get another BN would it hurt to keep them in quatentine for two months in the smaller tank, with a small peice of drift wood of course.
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Common and baby Albino   Common and baby Albino EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:00 pm

From your description I'd say your guppy has Camallanus Worms. Iv had bn with them before, nasty things. Anyways here's a link that helped me cure my fish http://plecoplanet.com/?page_id=48

And for your quarantine tank I'd say you'd only need to leave the bn in there for a month before you know it's ok to add to your tank
Back to top Go down
Silvashadow
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Silvashadow

Female Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Quest for the unusual plecos!
Humor : Om nom nom?
Thank You Points : 19
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Common and baby Albino   Common and baby Albino EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Eeeep that is one nasty little parasite Shocked

Goodluck with getting rid of it.
Back to top Go down
Eaglehorsesmom
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Eaglehorsesmom

PostSubject: Re: Common and baby Albino   Common and baby Albino EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Thanks guys. We lost the little guy yesterday, but at least he was in QT. All the others seenm to be doing good. Keeping a close eye on the female we bought with him. We have been loosing some of our older tropical fish the last month or so due to old age. Some we've had for nearle 4 years. At least we have a QT tank for the new fish. I've never had one before, but now at least it won't be as dificult to get going as our 10 gal would. I'd have to get new filter system and everything. With this one, I just have to buy those "baby" filters. Thanks for all the information. It will do us good for the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Common and baby Albino   Common and baby Albino Empty

Back to top Go down

Common and baby Albino
Page 1 of 1