Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Do artificial plants kill bn's? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Do artificial plants kill bn's? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do artificial plants kill bn's?

Go down 
+2
deano
sako
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sako
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 13
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Do artificial plants kill bn's? Empty
PostSubject: Do artificial plants kill bn's?   Do artificial plants kill bn's? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:53 am

hey guys just wondering if atrificals plants kill bristlenose in general?had a few alb lf bristlenose with some artificial plants in the tank n they suddenly died i asked the guy who i bought them off and said to me i should know that this would happen and i thought wtf?what a waste on buying 5 good sized alb bn longfins....
what a sad day it was for me!!!

can you please make a post in the intraduction section and intraduce yourself before making posts.

thanks
deano
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Do artificial plants kill bn's?   Do artificial plants kill bn's? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:35 pm

sako wrote:
hey guys just wondering if atrificals plants kill bristlenose in general?had a few alb lf bristlenose with some artificial plants in the tank n they suddenly died i asked the guy who i bought them off and said to me i should know that this would happen and i thought wtf?what a waste on buying 5 good sized alb bn longfins....
what a sad day it was for me!!!

i keep some artifical plants in my breeding tanks. for cover for the females. ive never lost any bristlenoses to plastic plants. have you seen them eating them at all????..
have you checked your water parameters. seems funny that you,ve lost five.
also what you been feeding them this is a strange one.
Back to top Go down
Jagtazman
Chief poster
Chief poster
Jagtazman

Male Number of posts : 659
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Do artificial plants kill bn's?   Do artificial plants kill bn's? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:38 pm

agree with Deano never heard of this before
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Do artificial plants kill bn's?   Do artificial plants kill bn's? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:42 pm

High sako, do artificial plants kill B/N? NO.
I think I would respond with "WTF" aswell if a breeder was to tell me what he told you, the only reason for knowing
that your fish would keel over would be if they're in poor condition or something has shocked the hell out of the fish
when introduced to the new tank, definately not the plastic plants.
cheers J
Back to top Go down
sako
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 13
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Do artificial plants kill bn's?   Do artificial plants kill bn's? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:56 am

thnx for all the replies guys,yeh i was pretty shocked when he said that coz my parents long time ago had bn's in there communal tanks also with artificial plants and had never bothered them....they are very hardy fish thats why i thought this guy was a fool.....i assumed it had bein fin rot at the time because the symptoms were 100%relating to the disease,treated them and withen a few days one after another kept falling of the block even though i repeated the dosages from mid strength on the 1st day,full strength on the second and third and 4th day low strength.oh well i got back on the pedal stool and my longfin calico's and albinos are doing jus fine.....but definatly wont 4get that week!
Back to top Go down
816johnv
V.I.P Member
816johnv

Male Number of posts : 700
Job/hobbies : Breeding Plecs, Football and most other sports
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Do artificial plants kill bn's?   Do artificial plants kill bn's? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:01 am

Sorry for you losses and no the plants wont kill them
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Do artificial plants kill bn's?   Do artificial plants kill bn's? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:44 pm

Good to hear some of your fish are still playing the game ,especially the LF Calico.
cheers J
Back to top Go down
Spreebok
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Spreebok

Female Number of posts : 190
Thank You Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Do artificial plants kill bn's?   Do artificial plants kill bn's? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:08 pm

Hmm, you say they were long fins?
I'm just transferring this across from bettas, but artificial plants can have sharp edges, and fish with long flowing fins are liable to snag them on these, which can lead to finrot. Theres a test you can do, referred to as 'the pantyhose' test, where you run the plastic plant through some delicate tights, and if they tear or snag, they're not suitable.

But if they were silk plants you used, well theres no problem there scratch

Me thinks the guy before didnt look after them right!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do artificial plants kill bn's?   Do artificial plants kill bn's? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do artificial plants kill bn's?
Page 1 of 1