Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

I'm a pseudo-daddy!! Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

I'm a pseudo-daddy!! Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm a pseudo-daddy!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

Male Number of posts : 541
Job/hobbies : ZOMBIES!!, Horror movies, aquariums, fishing, drag racing, 4 wheeling, camping, etc etc
Humor : lots
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-08

I'm a pseudo-daddy!! Empty
PostSubject: I'm a pseudo-daddy!!   I'm a pseudo-daddy!! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:42 pm

*passing cigars around that say "ITS A FRY!!"

Went to do a water change and vacuum the gravel yesterday when loe and behold there were itty bitties in my tank. So I have put off the maintenance until I could find out what I'm supposed to do. Where I'm very new to this I need some advise please.

I think they are molly fry. The situation is I don't want to kill them by sucking them up into the vacuum. I won't be dissapointed if mother nature pops in and they get eaten. If any do survive I'll take them to the LFS here.

What do the lil buggars eat?
How fast do they grow?

The bio load on my tank is ok I do believe..50% water change once a week, clean the filters once a week (don't replace media that often) But overcrowding could become an issue. At what size should they be removed and taken to the LFS?

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: I'm a pseudo-daddy!!   I'm a pseudo-daddy!! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:33 pm

cheers Congrats on spawning something else Bwompus cheers
Mollie's breed pretty easy so could well be them, my swordtails have good indicater spots on them so it's easy to know when to put her in the fry saver(which takes a hell of a lot work out of it).
Do you have a breeder net? you could try chasing them down and putting them in there and this will cut your mortality rate down too if you do it now, this will also allow you to get in and clean the tank.
As for feeding , I usually get a small feed container with flake food 1/4 full -add 2 coins and shake the hell out of the
container until the food is almost dust.
They will grow pretty quick so where you grow them out is up to you- I usually take the fry trap when they are about 10mm and transfer them to a 10ltr tank and wait until they are about 20-25mm( this way they stand a better chance against previously prepared sailfins).
As for selling them on you'll always get a better price for bigger fish, ask the shop owners what is a "minimal" size they will take them.
cheers J
Back to top Go down
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

Male Number of posts : 541
Job/hobbies : ZOMBIES!!, Horror movies, aquariums, fishing, drag racing, 4 wheeling, camping, etc etc
Humor : lots
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm a pseudo-daddy!!   I'm a pseudo-daddy!! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:51 pm

Thank you..Thank you!!

Yes my virility aura is most powerful king

I've seen four of them and they all survived the vacuuming and water change. I'll eventually get another tank for things like this but for now they seem content to hide amongst the plants and the other fish leave them alone. They are eating cause i've seen little ropes of poop following them aroound..lol. I'm getting my wife a 29 gallon this weekend. She excited cause she is all ready to decorate it in the "Dr. Suess puked all over it on an acid trip" motiff. Its gonna be awesome. cheers

Thanks for the info Kurosaki Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a pseudo-daddy!!   I'm a pseudo-daddy!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a pseudo-daddy!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Tropical's and Marine Section :: Freshwater Talk-
Jump to: