Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

They're at it again Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

They're at it again Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

They're at it again

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

Male Number of posts : 541
Job/hobbies : ZOMBIES!!, Horror movies, aquariums, fishing, drag racing, 4 wheeling, camping, etc etc
Humor : lots
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-08

They're at it again Empty
PostSubject: They're at it again   They're at it again EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:45 pm

We'll......like the subject line says...they're at it again. Its just happening. I haven't changed my routine with tank maint. at all. They like to reproduce I guess. I really need to get that tank.
Back to top Go down
Lunchbox
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Lunchbox

Male Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : Fish Keeping, Pizza Maker
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: They're at it again   They're at it again EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:07 pm

congrats!!! Mine just spawned agian also, it has been just over 3 weeks and there is at least double the eggs of the last spawn. Good luck
Back to top Go down
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

Job/hobbies : ZOMBIES!!, Horror movies, aquariums, fishing, drag racing, 4 wheeling, camping, etc etc

PostSubject: Re: They're at it again   They're at it again EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Thanks! Congratz to you also!!

I have another preggers Molly and even my Java Fern is reproducing. I'm going to assume my tank is either on its last legs or is pretty healthy..lol
Back to top Go down
Lunchbox
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Lunchbox

PostSubject: Re: They're at it again   They're at it again EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 6:11 pm

hey Bwompus, just curious as to how much java fern costs in your neck of the woods? Here it cost anywhere from $10 up where as everyother plant costs about $2.50.
Back to top Go down
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

PostSubject: Re: They're at it again   They're at it again EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 6:29 pm

I bought 5 for $15.00.

Each had 4 or 5 leaves about 5 to 6 inches long. That was 2 months ago. Now I've got 6 smaller ones growing 2 to 3 leaves at 3 or 4 inches long.

The LFS up the street is a Mom and Pop store owned by a biologist and his wife. They have around a total of 2k gallons worth of tanks in their house alone. Not to mention the 2k gallons they have in their shop. They dedicate tanks to these and other aqua plants.

Their fish and supplies, except their plants, are a little more expensive but they only sell quality and are extremely knowledgeable about their products.

If a fish gets sick..they quarantine and treat the whole tank while putting up a sign saying the fish are being treated by their doctor. Even after treatment is over you can't purchase anything out of that tank for at least two weeks.

lol! I'm sorry....you ask me a simple question and I ramble.
Back to top Go down
MIX02U
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
MIX02U

Male Number of posts : 60
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-01-22

PostSubject: Re: They're at it again   They're at it again EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Congrats Bwompus
That shop sounds like it would be a good benchmark for LFS all over. The closest I've seen to that down here is a shop putting a tiny red sticker on the tank for the first 3 days after putting new stock in. I even watched one attendant at another store scooping out guppies for a kid while having to bat the dead ones away with the net as well affraid
Back to top Go down
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

PostSubject: Re: They're at it again   They're at it again EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:03 pm

Its a shame that its all about the money.

Animal House..Thats the name of the place..will ask you all kinds of questions about your set up and they have the right to refuse to sell to you. When I went to buy my BNs they asked what my water parameters were, if I had algae growing, if I had driftwood, and how many and what kind of fish I had in there. I love the place.

They also sell reptiles, rodents and birds. It smells like a pet store..lol..but the cages and aquariums are always spotless.

I'm hoping to either sell to them or get store credit when my fry grow.

I'd love to work there part time but they have both of their children helping them. I think they're homeschooled. Oh well..I visit them at least once a week to see what they have in stock. Fun people to talk to.
Back to top Go down
Lunchbox
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Lunchbox

PostSubject: Re: They're at it again   They're at it again EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Well at about 2:30 this afternoon my 2nd batch of eggs in a month from the same parents hatched!!!! yeah for me..
Back to top Go down
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

PostSubject: Re: They're at it again   They're at it again EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:49 pm

cheers Good Job
Back to top Go down
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

PostSubject: Re: They're at it again   They're at it again EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:30 am

I've got 3 brown and 3 albino babies swimming around the tank. Looked in the cave last night cause I haven't seen my adult albino for a couple of days and could see 5 wrigglers. Don't know if there are more. I'm gonna have to seperate the breeding pair for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're at it again   They're at it again Empty

Back to top Go down

They're at it again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Breeding Cave-
Jump to: