Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Crosses...What do you get. Please help! - Page 4 Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Crosses...What do you get. Please help! - Page 4 Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crosses...What do you get. Please help!

Go down 
+24
slantula
carptamer
LauraMcP
Bristlenoses
pat_adelaide
kewx
ice_dancer
june
Mooo
migdem
leopard
Abbiej1711
laykoo
hxpikey
kfenk
Lunchbox
Boyneburn
Stannyblade
deano
Fat42b
Amber
ltaylor88
Yvette
Doug
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
carptamer
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 179
Job/hobbies : rsco/fish breeder
Humor : very dry at times
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Crosses...What do you get. Please help! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: crosses   Crosses...What do you get. Please help! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:42 pm

anyone know what youd get from crossing super red male with l144 female or super red with albino longfin any help would be great thanks steve. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slantula
Small Fry
Small Fry

Number of posts : 35
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Crosses...What do you get. Please help!   Crosses...What do you get. Please help! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:28 am

I am not sure about that but i just had a spawn with a common male and a long finned albino and i didnt get any albinos out of bout 50 fry, and about half of them were long finned half short. So i am confused no albinos
Back to top Go down
mmccannon
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
mmccannon

Number of posts : 346
Thank You Points : 17
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Crosses...What do you get. Please help!   Crosses...What do you get. Please help! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:39 am

Slantula, that is true with F1 generation.

Once you crossbreed father with daughter and/or mother with son, F2 generation will bear more resemblance with their dominant parent.
It is Mendelian genetics. You can read about that here: http://www.ndsu.edu/pubweb/~mcclean/plsc431/mendel/mendel1.htm

But if that is to heady, here is a simplified link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendelian_inheritance
The pictures are quite helpful.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Jeff

Male Number of posts : 307
Job/hobbies : Semi-retired / Lord of the Rings Online
Humor : dry
Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Crosses...What do you get. Please help!   Crosses...What do you get. Please help! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:24 am

kfenk wrote:
id like to know how to get this variant Crosses...What do you get. Please help! - Page 4 Drool

Crosses...What do you get. Please help! - Page 4 Pleco_Albino_Bristlenose_Pleco_Longfin

I saw a bunch of these today at lfs in Calgary AB Canada, they were $11 each and were very small 3 cm fin included, they were labelled as albino lf bn?? Clearly not as they dont have pink eyes, they did however have milk white skin just as in this photo... if not whiter Shocked

Last edited by Softwhiite on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Jeff

Male Number of posts : 307
Job/hobbies : Semi-retired / Lord of the Rings Online
Humor : dry
Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Crosses...What do you get. Please help!   Crosses...What do you get. Please help! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:30 am

I have bred my brown Bn male with Albino female 1 time so far and about 12 have emerged so far and are 100% brown (i think, they are very new), will see what happens next time... also am getting albino lf male later this week, he has bristles, he hopefully will be mating with 1 of my 2 albino f Very Happy

Had 3 spawns (about 100 fry total) with common Bn and 2 female common before the above spawn and got 100% brown.

When I put my male in with my 2 f albinos, soon after i did this one of my female commons died, i suspect she was eggbound Crosses...What do you get. Please help! - Page 4 484291715 However 98% of my fry are surviving (1 got sucked in the filter and the other i found while cleaning the tank). They are 1-3 months old, I have given 6 away to friends so far Very Happy hoping to give them "the bug" Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
nicefish
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2014-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Crosses...What do you get. Please help!   Crosses...What do you get. Please help! - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:15 pm

WoW LOTS of info here, hard to keep a track thru it all lol, I get the type 1,2,3 albino idea, my L144 Pair i jus4 recently split up, the female is a pale yellow whilst the male is bright golden yellow, their offspring varied between the 2 types....I have just tnis evening had first batch of L144 female offspring of my pair spawned with a common brown ancistrus, i think they are all brown but some seem to hafe a sandy colour aswell, I dont know how you breed calico but one of my old friends said they where albino cross brown but from what you all say here thats not so....Im lookin forward to these new baboes and also hoping my mother L144 now spawns with my wild caught columbian LDA072, He is stunning !
Back to top Go down
CrazyFishLady
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
CrazyFishLady

Female Number of posts : 4
Humor : little bit of everything :-P
Registration date : 2013-11-25

PostSubject: My Results from 'Calico' long fin X Albino long fin   Crosses...What do you get. Please help! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:11 am

Hi Just adding to the results. This year I have had 4 bristlenose (two 'calico' long fins one male and one female, unrelated to each other. and two Albino long fins one male and one female, that I did get from the same place, I am unaware of what any of their parents were) breed together (two batches of albino long fin x calico long fin from two separate sets of parents) When my albinos breed with other albinos they have 100% Albino fry and a split of long fin and short fin fry (I breed the male with a short fin albino female, that had parents of albino x common and I get nice healthy albino fry with a pretty even mix of long and short fins) The male calico long fin crossed with the albino long fin female and I got 100% common fry with a split of long fin and short fin, mostly short fin, The Calico female crossed with the albino male and I got the same result 100% Common colour with a split of fin length. I did get a very mixed pattern and colour variety in the two batches but I would say only ONE of all babies would pass as (in my own opinion) a poor excuse of a calico or blotchy looking common. The patterns go from very bright spots and white tipped tails to almost completely brown and some have brown belly and some have a white belly.

I am now working on breeding Long fin and short fin calico/marbles together in the hope to get a nice proper marble colour, with the nice long fins as I have not been able to find any available, only photos on google from over seas and it is extremely frustrating (have had to buy a lot in good faith from out of state and have them shipped to me just to end up with either iffy colour that doesn't make the cut for me, fry that are deformed or adults that are either sterile or are lazy/old and wont breed, even with photos you can't really tell what you are going to receive and it has been a real journey of frustration, but I think I have finally collected and selected the best of the lot for the foundations for my goal Mad) I will start another post about this as I am rambling lol but I have finally got my first batch of eggs which I am predicting to hatch tomorrow night Very Happy SO I will be able to post the colour and fin result later on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crosses...What do you get. Please help!   Crosses...What do you get. Please help! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crosses...What do you get. Please help!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Breeding Cave-
Jump to: