Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

longfin albino with common brown Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

longfin albino with common brown Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

longfin albino with common brown

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RisingSun
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
RisingSun

Number of posts : 7
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-30

longfin albino with common brown Empty
PostSubject: longfin albino with common brown   longfin albino with common brown EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi everyone,
just a quick question. I'm looking into getting some long fin albino bristlenoses or some normal fin albinos. I have 1 male and 1 female common brown bristlenose. I am now wondering whether or not my common brown ones would breed with the normal fin/ long fin albinos?
sorry if someone else has already asked this question before. I did have a quick look through the last few posts.
anyway, thanks a lot, Marion
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: longfin albino with common brown   longfin albino with common brown EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:54 pm

short reply YES. the albinos, calico/marble, common longfins, albino longfins, calico/marble longfins are all variations derived from the common bristlenose. there are also other variations of the common bristlenose available such as the L144 aka lemon bristlenose (short and longfin) and the super red bristlenose. these will all interbreed but most breeders choose to keep the colors true by not mixing them, then again there are also some breeders that mix to strengthen the bloodline. and from what iv read these will not breed with the peppermint/starlight bristlenoses and the orange spot bristlenose (feel free anyone to add L#'s to the species as im too tired to lol) as these are different species to the common bristlenose. feel free to add info or correct mine if need be anyone
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: longfin albino with common brown   longfin albino with common brown EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:18 am

nope, got it in one Karl!

for more info have a read of my article. goes through the different species and who will breed with who...click the link in my signature Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: longfin albino with common brown   longfin albino with common brown Empty

Back to top Go down

longfin albino with common brown
Page 1 of 1