Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

l333 behaviour Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

l333 behaviour Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

l333 behaviour

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
carptamer
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 179
Job/hobbies : rsco/fish breeder
Humor : very dry at times
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-23

l333 behaviour Empty
PostSubject: l333 behaviour   l333 behaviour EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:31 pm

hi ive just purchased 6 young l333 plecos and i had them in a breeder box for 2 days before i moved them into there new tank to grow on but im unsure if they are eating or not as food still left on the sand and they spend most of the time under the bogwood or in caves are they just getting used to there new home or are they just secretive these are the first hypans i have kept before i also have super red bristlenose with young browns with young and l144 growing on which are not shy at all is this behaviour normal or not tank at 28.4 degrees and ph 7.2 like the tank they came from strong current in tank.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

l333 behaviour Empty
PostSubject: Re: l333 behaviour   l333 behaviour EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Moved into the right section Very Happy

L333 are very very shy fish! I have two of them an i only ever see them when i am remodeling the tank or on a quick dash from one bit of wood to another. They are also carniverous, unlike many plecos they eat small invertebrates as well as a bit of vegetable matter so if you are throwing algae wafers in then they most likely wont touch them. Mine eat the left over flake food that hits the deck as well as bloodworms that the discus miss.

I installed a moon light so that i can echorage them to come out at night and i can see them. worked well
Back to top Go down
intrepidmax
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 14
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-12

l333 behaviour Empty
PostSubject: Re: l333 behaviour   l333 behaviour EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:51 am

Hi Carptamer mate.

I have a set of 3 wild L333 adults and luckily mine are out a bit more than usual....errr feeding time lol...

With L333 they will eat a little bit of bog wood.... and also high protein meat based food ....I also feed mine courgette..(I have found all my hypans will eat a little courgette) dont leave the courgette in more than 24-48 hrs...take it out as soon as it starts to go soft. they will also eat garden peas...with the shell broken..

L333 are naturally shy ...and more so when young...it stands to reason,

Im guessing all your 333 young are from the same bloodline ....if you want to get a breeding group its worth looking into getting more young from as many different bloodlines as possible...just keep them seperate until adults....all those stripes could cause a nightmare lol. Remember though hypans dont grow as fast as ancistrus....so could take a while to get them to breeding size and even then they might not be mature ....if they ain't breeding just give them time.

I hope this helps....if you need anymore info and cant find the answers just phone me....you have my number.

Regards
Mark
Intrepid Aqatics

Back to top Go down
Brengun
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Brengun

Female Number of posts : 119
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-19

l333 behaviour Empty
PostSubject: Re: l333 behaviour   l333 behaviour EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:27 am

Mine like somewhere to hang out like dw or a bit of a cave with an overhang so they have cover but you can still just see them without having to go close to the glass and frighten them. As little fellas they will eat quite a bit of vegetable food and increase the meaty content as they mature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

l333 behaviour Empty
PostSubject: Re: l333 behaviour   l333 behaviour Empty

Back to top Go down

l333 behaviour
Page 1 of 1