Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

my male might be a dud.. Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

my male might be a dud.. Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my male might be a dud..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
peppermint23
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
peppermint23

Female Number of posts : 99
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2010-09-09

my male might be a dud.. Empty
PostSubject: my male might be a dud..   my male might be a dud.. EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:03 pm

so here we go again with my peppermints...lol. i havent tried triggering for a good 4 weeks or more now and still don't plan too until after i get them into a new 4 foot tank in a fortnight, but lately at night when lights are off i sneak up on them with a little torch to have a look and to feed and i notice a female in the cave with the male. no action, just chillin'...i look in the mornings and male is just in there by himself, no fanning, no eggs. i'm thinking maybe my female is ready and trying to lay eggs but the male just wants to be friends?? normally my female has her spot under some drift wood not too far from the male. just wondering if anyone has had this happen before and if it's a sign that the male is too old for breeding?
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: my male might be a dud..   my male might be a dud.. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 12:03 am

High peppermint23 , Do you exactly how old the male is? my male would be just about the same age as my last female,
and are stil testy to breed - another friend thinks my male is just an Donkey - hence the lack of breeding.

cheers J
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: my male might be a dud..   my male might be a dud.. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 12:32 am

yeah, dont write him off yet. he might be a bit young. or he might not be ready.

What are your water parameters?
Back to top Go down
peppermint23
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
peppermint23

Female Number of posts : 99
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: my male might be a dud..   my male might be a dud.. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:34 am

high J, i was told he is 4 years old and it's your female that goes in the cave with him, she's about 3 years old yeah? hehe mine is a donkey too! very lazy i think.
my water parameters are ph 7.0, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5 - 10, kh 4, and temp is 25 degrees. that's all the tests i have. i'm not too fussed at the moment with trying to get them to breed, i'll see what happens when i get them into the bigger tank, i think they will like that. but i just thought this behaviour was a little strange. the male doesn't even try to 'trap' her in the cave, actually the female looks as though she is pushing him to the back of the cave lol maybe he is a push over lol
thanks for the advice guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my male might be a dud..   my male might be a dud.. Empty

Back to top Go down

my male might be a dud..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Breeding Cave-
Jump to: