Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!! - Page 2 Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!! - Page 2 Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!!

Go down 
+5
june
jim.and
Doug
peppermint23
kfenk
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!!   b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:24 am

Lol won't be long mate, these are still only about 1.5cm long :face:
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

PostSubject: Re: b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!!   b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:53 am

Must be doing something right, measured one the glass today @ 2cm. Must of hit a growth spurt. Thus mite b one if the larger ones as I think most are around the 18mm+ mark
Back to top Go down
grayham1970
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 81
Job/hobbies : machine operator / fish and feathered birds
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!!   b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 2:02 am

cant wait till mine are bigger as i can see different coloured babies
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

PostSubject: Re: b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!!   b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:22 am

2.5+cm now. growin strong the little devils Twisted Evil

Witnessed the male spawning with a small female earlier. checked on him half hour ago and the other bigger male was it the cave entrance with dad at a distance. shon the torch on the cave to see what the big male was doing there and he did the bolt. so i looked in the cave and there was a small clutch of about 20 eggs. i hurried to my qt tank (only one with spare air outlet for egg tumbler) and set up the egg tumbler. after doing so i hurried back to the pep tank to get the log out and dad was back in there. just wondering if anyone else has had this happen before and if the male will still keep looking after the eggs or boot them? hes a good dad i know that, this is his third batch since iv had em but iv never had him chased from his cave before... pale im going to leave the egg tumbler setup just in case but id rather let him do all the work. after all he is the father and natural works better than artificial Laughing
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

PostSubject: Re: b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!!   b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:30 am

big male kept stealin dads cave so i got the eggs tumbling
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

PostSubject: Re: b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!!   b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 5:20 am

Egg tumbler failed as I lossed all the eggs 😢 Better luck next time I guess...
Back to top Go down
jinny7
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 14
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!!   b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:02 am

I wouldve removed the entire cave and put it into another smaller breeding tank that hangs on the inside of the aquarium, something like a guppy breeder but bigger and with extra aeration from an air stone, so even if eggs get kicked they still are well oxygenated. Granted theres some disturbance to dad with this method, beats disturbance from competing males and chances to lose eggs via lack of oxygen.

Having said that, funnily enough, I think thats exactly what happened with my very recent batch of eggs. I got a small male 8cm on a bunch and eggs got kicked, i believe from a huge 17cm male that I got in there too, I was lucky enough to catch them in the process of breeding, there was a 9cm female facing out inside the cave and the 17cm male was what seemed to be trying to block of any attempts by the 8cm to fertilize by having his head in the entrance.. funnily enough the cave was small and he couldnt get anywhere near. Anyways he got scared off by me and the 8cm promptly went 1/2 in the cave to finish his business with the lady.

4-5 days of fanning later, i find the eggs booted in one corner, the aeration in my tank is strong from a air curtain in the other corner (reason being is this is only a 3fter tank and theres 20pepps to provide oxygen for) and on top of that i got a good current going from my eheim 2217, 85% survived after being rescued.
Back to top Go down
Mooo
V.I.P Member
Mooo

Female Number of posts : 957
Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : What?
Thank You Points : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!!   b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 5:50 am

Bad Luck Karl, Good luck with the next batch..
Back to top Go down
http://www.livefish.com.au
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!!   b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:03 am

jinny7 wrote:
I wouldve removed the entire cave and put it into another smaller breeding tank that hangs on the inside of the aquarium, something like a guppy breeder but bigger and with extra aeration from an air stone, so even if eggs get kicked they still are well oxygenated. Granted theres some disturbance to dad with this method, beats disturbance from competing males and chances to lose eggs via lack of oxygen.

Having said that, funnily enough, I think thats exactly what happened with my very recent batch of eggs. I got a small male 8cm on a bunch and eggs got kicked, i believe from a huge 17cm male that I got in there too, I was lucky enough to catch them in the process of breeding, there was a 9cm female facing out inside the cave and the 17cm male was what seemed to be trying to block of any attempts by the 8cm to fertilize by having his head in the entrance.. funnily enough the cave was small and he couldnt get anywhere near. Anyways he got scared off by me and the 8cm promptly went 1/2 in the cave to finish his business with the lady.

4-5 days of fanning later, i find the eggs booted in one corner, the aeration in my tank is strong from a air curtain in the other corner (reason being is this is only a 3fter tank and theres 20pepps to provide oxygen for) and on top of that i got a good current going from my eheim 2217, 85% survived after being rescued.

each to their own, Karl knows what he is doing, sometimes the tide is simplay not with us.

Bad luck Karl! I also had a lot of eggs go mouldy in my tumbler after my cat knocked the plug for the air pump out of the powerboard Sad
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

PostSubject: Re: b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!!   b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 1:34 am

It was only a DIY egg tumbler so probably didn't work due to me not putting it together properly or something. Been a while since I used it and I threw it together quickly :roll:

Anyways I measured the pep fry today. They were really active as I put in a few big chunks of cucumber to munch on. So I got to measure about 5 or 6+. To my surprise they are actually a decent size with smallest at 2.7cm and largest at 3.4cm with the rest in between. Don't know if they are sellable as they still look too small... scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!!   b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

b*%dy peppermint bristlenoses!!!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2