Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Cherry shrimp help plz Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Cherry shrimp help plz Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cherry shrimp help plz

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kolokotron
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 16
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-08-11

Cherry shrimp help plz Empty
PostSubject: Cherry shrimp help plz   Cherry shrimp help plz EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:04 am

I have some bristlenose, cherry shrimp, halfbeaks and mystery snails in the tank.

First time freshwater shrimp aquarist, so I hope I am not boring you but,

I had some left over Tetra Marine flake food and and some spectra thera + A from my marine tank days.

I have been really finely crumbing the flake food primarily for the baby halfbeak fry on the surface, and anything that gets down gets eaten by the bristlenose the snails and cherry shrimp. I have also been putting in a pinch of the spectrum thera in from time to time.

I have noticed that the tetra has riboflavin-5-phosphate, and the spectrum has copper proteinate.

Are they safe for the shrimps.

I have stopped the spectrum immediately the shrimp seem ok so far,

Please advise

Nick
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Cherry shrimp help plz   Cherry shrimp help plz EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:56 am

copper is the big one to be careful off. however, i would suspect that content in food would not be enough to make them sick.

i would also be throwing some algae based foods in there for the shrimp as they do like a bit of algae Very Happy

Back to top Go down
kolokotron
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Cherry shrimp help plz   Cherry shrimp help plz EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:45 am

Cheers Doug,

There is a daily serving of some generic algae discs from the lfs, as well as weekly treats of nori and the odd cucumber.

The snails seem to get most of it though.

Might be time to clean out the mystery snails
Back to top Go down
KathyRRozier
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
KathyRRozier

Female Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Cherry shrimp help plz   Cherry shrimp help plz EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Cherry Shrimp

Cherry shrimp (scientific name: Neocaridina denticulata sinensis) is one of the color forms that occur in nature. The other colors may be blue, brown, red, gray or transparent). All colors, red is the most popular because they excel and vibrant backdrop of green and brown of a planted aquarium.
Sometimes it's hard to choose beautiful red cherrys fishshop coloring because it can quickly lose their color under pressure (and just as quickly to restore color). For the shrimp that did not lose their color significantly in stress, which have been fed with artificial color enhancers. In the long term if not feed them color enhancers will lose its red color. Doing so may have a shorter life due to corruption.

Sensitivity
All shrimp are very sensitive, much more than fish! In fact, there are some commercial fish producers were burned when swiched to shrimp farming are thinking the same. As a result, populations of apparently healthy all the literature falling like flies during the night! If you are there to witness you can see how it's amazing. If you are the owner, then it is a nightmare!
Of the species of shrimp, cherry shrimp is one of the most resistant. If shrimp are dying cherry tree in your tank, then there is something wrong with the water. Most of the time, falling cherry shrimp is chemical or temperature. If chemicals are added in your tank, then it must be the heat!

Water Conditions
There should be no ammonia or nitrites in the tank of cherry shrimp. If you do not have a tank and a cycle, not even thinking about it.
Optimum temperature: 25 to 27 degrees Celsius.
It can tolerate up to 30 (but only with strong aeration and the density is not overcrowded.)
Optimal pH: 6.2 to 7.0
It can tolerate up to 7.5
Water changes: weekly 30% well-aerated water, chlorine and dechloraminated. If the pH of water varies from a new water tank, the tank is introduced slowly with a shovel.

Behavior
They must be constantly 'busy' and active. If a large proportion of the shrimp begins to sit still and do nothing or eat normally, check the water! If you see a swim and then open and still "freeze" and let themselves be carried away by the stream so the water is in a state of emergency.
Shrimp moves on a regular basis. This is a process in which shed their outer shell so they can grow. A projectile is new form that will also eventually shed and change in time. It is as if you can grow T-shirts, you need to keep throwing them away as they get bigger. Therefore, if you see an empty shrimp shells, has no cause for alarm. In fact, just leave it alone and you can eat again as a source of calcium.

Food
They should be fed a varied diet rich in vegetable matter. It is also good to have moss or Riccia in the tank to have a snack ready when you are hungry, so you never starve. They also feed on algae, but there should be algae in the tank because if so, the nitrate is too high. Algae Tablets / pellets for botom feeders are available in most aquariums. You can also feed them food for plecos (silly / janitor fish), corydoras or crabs.

Environment
A planted tank is the best, because there is always some food for them. It will not destroy your plants healthy, preferring to eat decaying plant matter or algae that is softer and easier to remove with their paws. If you are using CO2 injection, be careful that the pH does not drop too much for them.
Ray should not be continued for 24 hours unless dense plantings that provide shade.
Bare floor of the tank without gravel is fine if the water flow is not strong.
At no time no murderer parasites or any other chemicals' clear super magic cloudy water "is used in shrimp tanks, especially in a glass tank of red prawns.

For mass culture,
The ground level should be at least 1 meter above mean sea level and waterways close to being as rivers and streams for drainage and water pumping. The site must have electricity and fresh water.
The soil is extremely important. Bases very porous, such as sand should be avoided, as it can lead to erosion and / or leakage of water. Before the creation of ponds, the soil should be tested by collecting samples from five points on the surface and 5 points to three feet deep to check the pH, texture and toxicity.
If you continue with the care of cherry shrimp, will not be long before you see tiny cherry shrimplets appear. These babies are very small and cute! It's great to see to eat, since every day is growing to become the beautiful cherry shrimp have been adults.
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Cherry shrimp help plz   Cherry shrimp help plz EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks for the cherry shrimp info, great read Good Job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cherry shrimp help plz   Cherry shrimp help plz Empty

Back to top Go down

Cherry shrimp help plz
Page 1 of 1