Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

How much to feed juvi bristlenoses Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

How much to feed juvi bristlenoses Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How much to feed juvi bristlenoses

Go down 
+3
parkadge
Bristlenoses
Loach
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Loach
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Loach

Male Number of posts : 106
Job/hobbies : Student
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2011-11-05

How much to feed juvi bristlenoses Empty
PostSubject: How much to feed juvi bristlenoses   How much to feed juvi bristlenoses EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:55 am

Hi, I bought the hikari algae wafers today and was wondering how much 2 juvi bristlenoses need per day. Will supplement with zuccini
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: How much to feed juvi bristlenoses   How much to feed juvi bristlenoses EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 9:16 am

Hi,how big are the bn's and are there any other fish with them? Also are they mini wafers or the normal sized larger ones?
Back to top Go down
Loach
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Loach

Male Number of posts : 106
Job/hobbies : Student
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2011-11-05

PostSubject: Re: How much to feed juvi bristlenoses   How much to feed juvi bristlenoses EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:38 am

Thank you for the reply. I haven't got them yet but they are sold at about an inch maybe 3cm. I will be getting 5 clown loaches with them who are planned to be fed carnivore wafers.and they algae wafers are the large ones.
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: How much to feed juvi bristlenoses   How much to feed juvi bristlenoses EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:11 pm

In that case you are going to have to watch that the baby bristlenoses get enough food as the clown loaches will also eat the algae wafers and the bristlenoses will also eat the clown loach food which could cause a problem as clown loaches eat protein rich foods which are not good for baby bristlenoses (or adult bristlenoses in large amounts for that matter)

Maybe someone who has had experience in keeping the two together will come and advise you as i never have.Sorry i'm not much help on the matter,i hope someone comes along to help you more and good luck Smile

As i have never kept these together i could be wrong and they might well be fine to keep together Smile
Back to top Go down
parkadge
V.I.P Member
parkadge

Male Number of posts : 97
Job/hobbies : Artist/Military History
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-10-21

PostSubject: Re: How much to feed juvi bristlenoses   How much to feed juvi bristlenoses EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 9:40 pm

It's probably not a good idea to keep Bns with Clown Loaches as they will compete for hiding places. Also though you plan to feed the clown loaches on carnivore wafers and the BNs on algae wafers how will you explain that to them Laughing they will just eat the first food they come across.

Another thing to consider is the Bns will never have any successbreeding as the clown loaches are voraciuos egg eaters
Back to top Go down
http://parkadge.blogspot.com/
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: How much to feed juvi bristlenoses   How much to feed juvi bristlenoses EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Have to agree with the previous posts BN's and Clown loach do not make good tank mates No
Back to top Go down
mmccannon
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
mmccannon

Number of posts : 346
Thank You Points : 17
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: How much to feed juvi bristlenoses   How much to feed juvi bristlenoses EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:10 am

How big is the tank?
If big enough with lots of hiding places, could be not much of a problem, but as others pointed out, it is better to keep them in separate tanks.
I would say, that the minimum size should be around 200 litres, or so.
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: How much to feed juvi bristlenoses   How much to feed juvi bristlenoses EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:47 am

Iv seen this problem solved before. The person who had both in the tank just fed them Sera Flora. It's a veggie flake and to make it sink just dip a pinch into the water. Sinks to the bottom and both clown loaches and bristlenose can hoover it up Smile
Back to top Go down
Sean1
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 40
Job/hobbies : Pets, pets and more pets!
Humor : Bad
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: How much to feed juvi bristlenoses   How much to feed juvi bristlenoses EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:55 am

I've kept big clown loach with adult BNs, and they've been fine. But in my experience, young ones don't stand a chance against the clown loach when it comes to food.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much to feed juvi bristlenoses   How much to feed juvi bristlenoses Empty

Back to top Go down

How much to feed juvi bristlenoses
Page 1 of 1