Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Expired Date on Hakari Wafers Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Expired Date on Hakari Wafers Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Expired Date on Hakari Wafers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tankart
Small Fry
Small Fry

Male Number of posts : 33
Job/hobbies : Painting & Drawing Instructor / Fine Art Painter
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-26

Expired Date on Hakari Wafers Empty
PostSubject: Expired Date on Hakari Wafers   Expired Date on Hakari Wafers EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:59 pm

Hello,
I'm new to this forum - just joined today. I purchased a 2.89 0z pack of Hikari wafers about a year and a half ago and only used a couple wafers then zip-locked the pack closed. They are dated 2010 / 05. Any thought on wether they are still safe to feed to my bistlenose? I just bought a new small long-finned Albino Bristlenose that is in a quarantine tank. and have a small plain one in my main planted tank. I tried feeding them a small slice of cucumber, but it just floats on the surface. Any recommendations.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Expired Date on Hakari Wafers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expired Date on Hakari Wafers   Expired Date on Hakari Wafers EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:57 pm

The wafers will have lost any nutritional value and the expiry date really applies to an unopend container. Once food is opened then it will start deteriorating even if stored correctly.

Cucumber will float so try weighing it down, just pushing the handle of a spoon or fork through it is often used or a plant weight. You can buy things like a Screwcumber but most people adapt something to do the job of weighing it down.

There is a list of veg you could feed Here

P.S Why don't you introduce yourself in the new members section Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Expired Date on Hakari Wafers
Page 1 of 1