Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
816johnv
V.I.P Member
816johnv

Male Number of posts : 700
Job/hobbies : Breeding Plecs, Football and most other sports
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's Empty
PostSubject: Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's   Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 10:41 am

i have spawned these a few times

i have a group of 5 in a 2.5ft Tank but will soon be moving a few i hope to eventually have 1 male and 2 females in the tank at the moment there is 1 defenate male and 1 defenate Female and these are my breeders im unsure of the others....

the only tank mates in there is a group of young black Corys and some Cherry Shrimp

i have 1 piece of bogwood in the tank and 3 caves, the caves are the ones interpidmax makes not sure on the size i will get one out and measure it

there is an Air stone in there as there is in all my tanks

and filteration is a Ehiem aquaball, temp is 26

i feed them Cucumer, Courgette (Zucchi), algea wafers and once a week i give them frozen bloodworm

i do water changes everyday until i can see the female is gravid then leave them for a week and just feed after a week i do a 30% water change with cold treated tap water

i have 2-3 Almond leaves in the tank also

the parameters

PH 6.8-7
nitrate 0
nitrite0
Back to top Go down
Chad.C
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Chad.C

Male Number of posts : 64
Job/hobbies : HVAC Journeyman/ATV riding,shooting,camping,malawi cichlids
Humor : open:)
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's   Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:25 am

cool, thanks, im gonna give that a try. I had a pair for over a year and no luck with spawning. do you use the leaves to turn water tea color? does it make a difference which leaves?
Back to top Go down
Chaase
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Number of posts : 239
Thank You Points : 9
Registration date : 2012-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's   Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:54 am

The almond leaves help lower/neutralize PH & also add Tannins to the water. Personally i love the look of the tannin stained water as it reminds me of the rivers they come from Wink

Indian almond leaves are cheep & can be bought from ebay for around $20 for 50 leaves. You only need 1-2 depending on size of your tank & replace every 4-6 weeks (or when they start to breakdown. So a bag of 50 leaves will last you well over a year for a 2.5fter Wink

Hope this helps Chad.C Smile
Back to top Go down
Chad.C
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Chad.C

Male Number of posts : 64
Job/hobbies : HVAC Journeyman/ATV riding,shooting,camping,malawi cichlids
Humor : open:)
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's   Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:01 pm

thanks for the tips, one of my tanks got tea color but its from the new driftwood, was gonna take it out but i agree i like that color water also
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's   Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's Empty

Back to top Go down

Breeding Tips for L182 Starlight's
Page 1 of 1