Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

2 lots in same cave Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

2 lots in same cave Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2 lots in same cave

Go down 
+3
Jeff
kfenk
tonkaponte
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tonkaponte
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 6
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-12-22

2 lots in same cave Empty
PostSubject: 2 lots in same cave   2 lots in same cave EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:31 pm

is it normal to have 2 batches in same cave ?. 1st lot are about 9 days old and are wrigglers and then i noticed another clump of eggs in same cave yesterday.i have one male bn and two females in breeding tank.
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: 2 lots in same cave   2 lots in same cave EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:11 am

Yep it's perfectly normal. The males will let girls in any chance he can get. Or the girls force they're way in lol

Back to top Go down
Jeff
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Jeff

Male Number of posts : 307
Job/hobbies : Semi-retired / Lord of the Rings Online
Humor : dry
Thank You Points : 17
Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: 2 lots in same cave   2 lots in same cave EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:32 am

Yep, I had to separate my breeding trio in order to stop the insanity... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: 2 lots in same cave   2 lots in same cave EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:16 am

females will choose to breed with a male with eggs or fry over one without as they have demonstrated their skills.

Back to top Go down
Brandon O
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Brandon O

Number of posts : 164
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2011-03-20

PostSubject: Re: 2 lots in same cave   2 lots in same cave EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:50 am

i was thinking about have two females and a male in a ten gallon is tht to small?
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Jeff

Male Number of posts : 307
Job/hobbies : Semi-retired / Lord of the Rings Online
Humor : dry
Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: 2 lots in same cave   2 lots in same cave EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:20 am

I am considering the same thing ('cept 1m, 1f) and using my 3ft tanks (29, 33gallon) for grow out tanks.
Currently I have about 100 fry in my 33 and assorted plecos and catfish in my 29 while the 10 sits empty.(couple fry to maintain cycle)
Not too sure if my Bn are mature enough to breed yet(I have a newly aquired lf albino male and sf albino female), but I think they will be soon (month or so).
I think with regular water changes to trigger spawn and keep the water healthy it will work for me as long as the fry are removed quickly and transferred to the bigger tanks.
Any advice/input would be greatly welcomed 2 lots in same cave 3335189316
Back to top Go down
mmccannon
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
mmccannon

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: 2 lots in same cave   2 lots in same cave EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 7:51 am

Absolutely normal, so nothing to worry about.
From the males point of view, it is even energy saving. Wink
Back to top Go down
tonkaponte
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-12-22

PostSubject: Re: 2 lots in same cave   2 lots in same cave EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:51 am

cheers for replys..theyre only in a small 2ft x 1ft tank at minute till more are set up,they are in ph 6.5-7..they get daily water changes about 10% but usually just to clear poop away lol.water is a mix of ro water and waste water from ro unit at 4-1 % mixed in 25 litre barrel.theyre fed on pellets,flake,cucumber,frozen bloodworm,dafnia etc.temp is 81.5f.this is 1st time ive bred bns so well chuffed with double spawn.
Back to top Go down
Oscarflowerhorn
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-11-25

PostSubject: Re: 2 lots in same cave   2 lots in same cave EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:01 am

tonkaponte wrote:
cheers for replys..theyre only in a small 2ft x 1ft tank at minute till more are set up,they are in ph 6.5-7..they get daily water changes about 10% but usually just to clear poop away lol.water is a mix of ro water and waste water from ro unit at 4-1 % mixed in 25 litre barrel.theyre fed on pellets,flake,cucumber,frozen bloodworm,dafnia etc.temp is 81.5f.this is 1st time ive bred bns so well chuffed with double spawn.

My albino shortfin male and common longfin female just had at lest about 30 babies in a 2ft x 1ft tank with a lot of guppies and 4 big peppers. Every one is fine and happy in there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 lots in same cave   2 lots in same cave Empty

Back to top Go down

2 lots in same cave
Page 1 of 1