Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Feeding question Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Feeding question Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Feeding question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
talarmasi
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 4
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Feeding question Empty
PostSubject: Feeding question   Feeding question EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi guys, just have a few questions with the feeding cycle.. 1st tank i have an adult trio which i feed wafers and zucini wondering how often to put a piece of zucini in (or other vege) and whether to say take that out in morning then put a few wafers in the following day or do they need a longer break between feedings.

2nd and third tank have fry, juvies about 4cm long and cherry shrimp, currently do pretty much the same as first tank. both tanks have around 30 bristles in each.

Have a feeling i'm suffering from over feeding from the amount of waste in the substrate just looking for some advice with this as i've shutdown the first tank due to white worm explosion (had put some bloodworm in there for adults but left the uneaten in there too long as i was called away for work for a few days).

Any advice is welcome guys, new to bristles and their needs are quite different to what i have kept previously.

(probaly should of put this in feeding forum but don't know how to move the thread Sad )

Last edited by talarmasi on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
talarmasi
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Feeding question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding question   Feeding question EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Sorry forgot to mention the type i have, they are albino,marble (calico) and peppermints. So no other L's for the moment with different diet needs.
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Feeding question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding question   Feeding question EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:20 am

Bristlenoses produce a lot of waste as it is so it may not come down to overfeeding them. Anyhow I go with the 2 days a week break. Wafers on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Feed nothing on Wednesday or Sunday which I use for waterchange days. When I'm not lazy I feed them cucumber which is usually twice a week. I feed just enough for them to finish at night before I go to bed. This is easy to work out, if there's food left over in the morning you've fed too much. With the cuc I leave overnight and take out in the morning if there's some left. With fry I try to feed every day with more often waterchanges
Back to top Go down
talarmasi
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Feeding question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding question   Feeding question EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:23 am

Thanks mate i'll give it a go Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feeding question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding question   Feeding question Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeding question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: Feeding Time-
Jump to: