Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

too many females? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

too many females? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

too many females?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
whiskey
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
whiskey

Number of posts : 49
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2011-03-29

too many females? Empty
PostSubject: too many females?   too many females? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:39 am

Would there be a problem with having too many females per male? I have 1 male and 4 female pepps. He has bred with all 4 over last 3 months. Im wondering if to many females could hinder the breeding, ive seen 2 females trying to get into his cave at the same time and they usually end up having a bit of a scuffle and going their seperate ways. And i dont wont him to die from to much stress from over breeding.
Should i sell 2 of the females and make it a trio? If i had another large tank i would get another male and make it 2 trio's but i dont have enough room.
If i was to sell 2 of the females how much would they be worth? They are about 5 inches long cold be a little bigger.
Thanx.
Back to top Go down
mmccannon
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
mmccannon

Number of posts : 346
Thank You Points : 17
Registration date : 2011-05-16

too many females? Empty
PostSubject: Re: too many females?   too many females? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:48 am

4 is too much, and if I were you, I would stick with max. two females.

Another option - I simpathise with very much too many females? 3813960834 - buy another tank, and get another male for the other gals.
Back to top Go down
whiskey
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
whiskey

too many females? Empty
PostSubject: Re: too many females?   too many females? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:05 am

thanx. 2 per male is what i thought to. the only way i can get another tank is to move to a house Sad
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

too many females? Empty
PostSubject: Re: too many females?   too many females? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Sometimes our love for the hobby can blind our greed (it happens to all of us). 4 girls to the one male is overkill. You need to decide wheather you are going to get another male or sell atleast 2 females. Or sell the lot and get a breeding pair of Ls too many females? 1153438146
Back to top Go down
whiskey
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
whiskey

too many females? Empty
PostSubject: Re: too many females?   too many females? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:25 am

My best interest is for the fish I got lucky when I originally got them. 5 random fish from 3 different breeders. I was hoping for a trio. But know u having me thinking of selling them and getting some other l's. I can't get any more tanks that's out of the question. I have to decide to sell 2 females or all 5 and try another species.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Jeff

Male Number of posts : 307
Job/hobbies : Semi-retired / Lord of the Rings Online
Humor : dry
Thank You Points : 17
Registration date : 2011-09-07

too many females? Empty
PostSubject: Re: too many females?   too many females? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:53 am

I've never seen a pep bn in r/l Sad . I would sell 2 females if they were mine as BN are the friendliest of the plecos imo. I have 2 goldnuggets L018 which are never to be seen so I don't really get to enjoy them Mad .

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

too many females? Empty
PostSubject: Re: too many females?   too many females? Empty

Back to top Go down

too many females?
Page 1 of 1