Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

SUPER REDS? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

SUPER REDS? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SUPER REDS?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kang Moy
Small Fry
Small Fry

Number of posts : 21
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-02-12

SUPER REDS? Empty
PostSubject: SUPER REDS?   SUPER REDS? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 5:25 am

where can i get a Pair of high quality super reds in the USA?

or from outside, but does that mean i need a trans shipper?

i have some "super reds" but they just look like very orange bn plecos only, dunno if they will redden with age. i seen some "super reds" but they look like they brownish when they get older, I fear mines are those, so i am looking for a pair of REAL Super red bn plecos.

super red like the one posted here:
http://www.bristlenoseworld.com/t3678-pic-i-found-of-super-red-bristlenose?highlight=super+reds

and also where can i get a pair of L267? like the one here:
http://www.welsfans.de/gattungen/ancistrus/l267/L267_01.jpg

A friend of mine breed his true super red to a albino female bn pleco, but got commons, but i read that the SUPER REDS originated from the albino bn pleco, so SUPER RED x albino should have made all albino, but instead it made all commons, couldn't the super reds originated from the calico/marble line? This would make more sense because some Super reds have black pigment and some are just orangy-brown. breeding a albino with high red coverage with another, wouldn't that just make a really red albino, but why are the eyes on the super reds black?
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

SUPER REDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER REDS?   SUPER REDS? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:52 am

Hi,I am also thinking along the lines of super reds are coming from high end orange calicos.I have a high orange calico male and I bred him with a normal calico and on their fourth batch one of the fry looks like a super red baby.He/she is tiny at the moment but am keeping a close eye on the developement and am waiting to see what colour it turns out to be.At the moment he /she is looking rather golden/orange but definately has dark eyes.I will be holding on to this baby for future breeding.
Back to top Go down

SUPER REDS?
Page 1 of 1