Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Go down 
Kang Moy
Small Fry
Small Fry

Number of posts : 21
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-02-12

PostSubject: SUPER REDS?   Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:25 am

where can i get a Pair of high quality super reds in the USA?

or from outside, but does that mean i need a trans shipper?

i have some "super reds" but they just look like very orange bn plecos only, dunno if they will redden with age. i seen some "super reds" but they look like they brownish when they get older, I fear mines are those, so i am looking for a pair of REAL Super red bn plecos.

super red like the one posted here:

and also where can i get a pair of L267? like the one here:

A friend of mine breed his true super red to a albino female bn pleco, but got commons, but i read that the SUPER REDS originated from the albino bn pleco, so SUPER RED x albino should have made all albino, but instead it made all commons, couldn't the super reds originated from the calico/marble line? This would make more sense because some Super reds have black pigment and some are just orangy-brown. breeding a albino with high red coverage with another, wouldn't that just make a really red albino, but why are the eyes on the super reds black?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: SUPER REDS?   Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:52 am

Hi,I am also thinking along the lines of super reds are coming from high end orange calicos.I have a high orange calico male and I bred him with a normal calico and on their fourth batch one of the fry looks like a super red baby.He/she is tiny at the moment but am keeping a close eye on the developement and am waiting to see what colour it turns out to be.At the moment he /she is looking rather golden/orange but definately has dark eyes.I will be holding on to this baby for future breeding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Page 1 of 1