Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

L144/ Longfin cross Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

L144/ Longfin cross Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

L144/ Longfin cross

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jaffa1963
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
jaffa1963

Male Number of posts : 102
Job/hobbies : railway worker
Humor : victor meldrew
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2011-05-21

L144/ Longfin cross Empty
PostSubject: L144/ Longfin cross   L144/ Longfin cross EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:02 pm

I've been bringing on some Bristlenoses hoping for some females as so far all have grown up to be males.

In one of my 125L tanks I have 1 x L144 male and two adolescent brown longfins. (Other tanks 1x L144 male + 3x L144 juvis and 1x albino male +4x L144 juvis.)

The male has been fanning in a cave on and off since Christmas but no spawn so was really surprised when yesterday my wife noticed a little brown BN stuck to the glass. I looked around the tank and counted at least 20 without trying hard. Hopefully there's a few more.

At least I now know one of the adolescents must be a female. In fact I think they both are.

The only thing i can think that brought a mating on was 3 weeks ago I cleaned out the external filter so it was a bigger water change than usual. The water temp is normally 26.5C. But I always put slightly colder water in when doing a change.

As I've got 7 juvi L144s I'm bringing on I hope there will be more females so I can make up proper breeding groups.
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: L144/ Longfin cross   L144/ Longfin cross EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Congratulations on the fry cheers L144/ Longfin cross 1650918589
Back to top Go down
KYANGELSNCORYS
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
KYANGELSNCORYS

Male Number of posts : 187
Job/hobbies : BASS/CRAPPIE FISHING-TROPICAL FISH
Humor : MY KIDS TELL ME IM OLDER THEN DIRT
Thank You Points : 7
Registration date : 2010-10-20

PostSubject: Re: L144/ Longfin cross   L144/ Longfin cross EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Good Job i know this is a old thread but i still want to say congrads on the fry and your lucky to have the male long fin L-144 i have been looking for a male long fin for a while now
Back to top Go down
KOKO
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Female Number of posts : 6
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Re: L144/ Longfin cross   L144/ Longfin cross EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 6:52 am

Hi,

I know I am no real expert and most of my L144, Lemons were bought originally to clean my discus tanks so had to live at 28 -30 degrees.

I decided to give them a go as they are all now mature so put them in a 180 litre tank, I have 2 males and 3 females. I must say once they start they don't stop but try lowering the water temp ever more to 25 degrees and I always poor cold water out of the tap straight in. My biggest female spawns every 4 weeks now with the big male. First spawn about 20, last 50+ last just coming out of cave so not sure. The others I removed and then they spawned but he left the cave so better luck next time.

Good luck with them.

Paula
Back to top Go down
KYANGELSNCORYS
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
KYANGELSNCORYS

Male Number of posts : 187
Job/hobbies : BASS/CRAPPIE FISHING-TROPICAL FISH
Humor : MY KIDS TELL ME IM OLDER THEN DIRT
Thank You Points : 7
Registration date : 2010-10-20

PostSubject: congrads   L144/ Longfin cross EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Good Job thats great , congrads on the fry. i only have the reg fin L 144 but im hoping to find a long fin one of these days
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L144/ Longfin cross   L144/ Longfin cross Empty

Back to top Go down

L144/ Longfin cross
Page 1 of 1