Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

male breeding behaviour Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

male breeding behaviour Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

male breeding behaviour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stasym
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Female Number of posts : 5
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-06-14

male breeding behaviour Empty
PostSubject: male breeding behaviour   male breeding behaviour EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:57 pm

hi i'm quite new to breeding bn's.
3 months ago my male and dominant female sucessfully had 50 wrigglers, then unfortuantly i had to move my tank which messed his self made cave. All day today he has been frantacly digging himself a new cave and now is happyly laying upside down with his tail poking out the entrance, but both females are now trying to get in there with him at the same time and he is chasing them both away. does this mean he just feels his cave isn't ready yet? And will he breed with both at the same time?
hope somebody could help me with this, as when they bred the first time was purely on there own and i didnt know they had till the little ones were swiming round the tank.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: male breeding behaviour   male breeding behaviour EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:46 pm

yeah, could be. he will let them in, in time

he could spawn with both. sounds like you are doing things right Smile just give him time, keep the water sweet and you will be rewarded
Back to top Go down
stasym
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: male breeding behaviour   male breeding behaviour EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:59 pm

thank you. didn't take him long, within a hour of posting this he let her in and i have now at least 100 eggs in there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
downunderbristolnose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 44
Job/hobbies : Pensioner. fish, music, football, Photography, Bristolnose Catfish.
Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Re: male breeding behaviour   male breeding behaviour EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:43 am

Cool. I also think one of mine is in the family way. I didn't see any activity though. But oen of the BN'S hasn't been out of the log for a good 3 hours or so. So here's hoping I've got little BN'S on the way as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: male breeding behaviour   male breeding behaviour Empty

Back to top Go down

male breeding behaviour
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: Bristlenose Talk-
Jump to: