Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Lazy bristlenose Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Lazy bristlenose Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lazy bristlenose

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grif
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
Grif

Number of posts : 4
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-08-02

Lazy bristlenose Empty
PostSubject: Lazy bristlenose   Lazy bristlenose EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 5:20 am

We've had a common bristlenose for 3 months and we never see him cleaning/eating algae. He's about 2.5 inches and has a ton of bristles. He's in a 40 gallon tank with a 10 inch common pleco and they are often in the same cave together, so he is not getting harassed. The other fish are various tetras, 2 albino cats and a few otos. There is driftwood, a tube and a cave for him to hide in. He usually hides behind one of the plants. We have never seen him eating the algae wafers or veggies or even the shrimp even under blue light with all the room lights off. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Lazy bristlenose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lazy bristlenose   Lazy bristlenose EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 9:47 am

Grif wrote:
We've had a common bristlenose for 3 months and we never see him cleaning/eating algae. He's about 2.5 inches and has a ton of bristles. He's in a 40 gallon tank with a 10 inch common pleco and they are often in the same cave together, so he is not getting harassed. The other fish are various tetras, 2 albino cats and a few otos. There is driftwood, a tube and a cave for him to hide in. He usually hides behind one of the plants. We have never seen him eating the algae wafers or veggies or even the shrimp even under blue light with all the room lights off. Any suggestions?

sounds abit like my male aswell...
he's a right moody git..
he waits before i go to bed before he comes out he's very sneaky lol...
ive also tried every angle to get him out in light but every attempt has failed..

I would try and get a female in there with him and you may see his lazy attitude change...he no's he has no reason to come out as there is only him in there bristlenose wise.........also try feeding different foods...ie.
Zucchini(courgette) or cucumber and other veggies....
Ive also mentioned before about Hikari Wafer's although there are other wafer's out there these in my eye's are far the best for bringing moody fish out they just love um........... :[IMG]http://i4
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
Grif
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
Grif

Lazy bristlenose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lazy bristlenose   Lazy bristlenose EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. We've tried zucchini and we give him and big Plec Hikari wafers. I watched him for an hour under blue light last night and he moved around a very little bit but then back to the cave. I keep telling the lazy bum that we Could have gotten a blue phantom L128 instead of him...ha!

Re getting a female, I don't want to upset our big guy with too many Plecs in his tank.
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Lazy bristlenose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lazy bristlenose   Lazy bristlenose EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 10:26 pm

High grif , seeing as the feed thing didn't work ,how about some
different coloured lights and add some dance music lol!
Seriously, I've read on here of people feeding a mango seed(still with a bit of the flesh on it) and their plecs go nuts on it.
Or maybe you just have lazy bristly that doesn't want to be seen.
cheers J

Last edited by Kurosaki J on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grif
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
Grif

Lazy bristlenose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lazy bristlenose   Lazy bristlenose EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:22 am

Ha! Maybe he needs more hiding places to feel secure. We'll just have to wait and see if the dud turns into a dude about town.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lazy bristlenose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lazy bristlenose   Lazy bristlenose Empty

Back to top Go down

Lazy bristlenose
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: Bristlenose Issues-
Jump to: