Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Which foods for L144 Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Which foods for L144 Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which foods for L144

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sweety
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 6
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Which foods for L144 Empty
PostSubject: Which foods for L144   Which foods for L144 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:02 pm

Hi all Which foods for L144 1514952399 I'm picking up 5 young L144's (false) tomorrow & apart from sinking catfish pellets & cucumber what else should I offer them ? I know my Last common BN did ok on the foods I mentioned as she lived for 9 years but sadly lost her due old age & some nasty wounds the young male inflicted on her
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Which foods for L144   Which foods for L144 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi there,all i can tell you is what i feed mine and what they do well on.I feed tinned green beans (they can be purchased in very small tins,at least they can where i live),i also feed Tetra Pro Veg Crisps (good conditioning food,a small pinch a couple times a week),Hikari wafers,deskinned peas once a week,cucumber or courgette once a week ( unless i have fry and then i usualy keep a fresh piece in the tank most of the time but still feed the other things aswell ).

I have tried lots of different foods and have got down to what they like the most and what is good for them.i hope this helps a little.

Smile
Back to top Go down
MrRRunner
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
MrRRunner

Male Number of posts : 45
Job/hobbies : Love Cars, making pleco caves.
Humor : Very sarcastic apparently
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Which foods for L144   Which foods for L144 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:09 pm

HI
My L144's also like Butternut squash and sweet potato, they tend to last a little longer before going soft and having to remove them, they also go bonkers for prawn and mussels, athough these are put in the tank for my omnivores.
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Which foods for L144   Which foods for L144 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi,I would be very careful of the amount of prawns and muscles the bristlenoses eat as this can quickly lead to bloat.
Back to top Go down
MrRRunner
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
MrRRunner

Male Number of posts : 45
Job/hobbies : Love Cars, making pleco caves.
Humor : Very sarcastic apparently
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Which foods for L144   Which foods for L144 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Bristlenoses wrote:
Hi,I would be very careful of the amount of prawns and muscles the bristlenoses eat as this can quickly lead to bloat.

Thanks for that, i am aware of to much protein for herbivores so do limit it, but as I say it's put in for the omnivores and the little sods can't leave it alone, Which foods for L144 1153438146
Back to top Go down
Sweety
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 6
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Which foods for L144   Which foods for L144 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Cheers for the info Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which foods for L144   Which foods for L144 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which foods for L144
Page 1 of 1