Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile




 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 starting a Bristlenose pleco breeding project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brislz
Small Fry
Small Fry


Male Number of posts : 26
Age : 24
Location : Leicester,England
Job/hobbies : hobbies:cricket,t.v,music,FISH
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: starting a Bristlenose pleco breeding project   Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:13 pm

hey i am getting a 95 litre tank and will cycle then add a few platies then a male and female bristlenose and i will also get a 30-45 litre quarantine for the babies and already have a breeding net but i will keep babies in the main tank or should i move the parents and babies on small tank so they can look after thier babies and by the way how many platies do you think i should get to stock the tank but not fully stocked was thinking 3-5 what do you think?

and what sort of enviroment do you think i should have?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curby
The Boss
The Boss


Male Number of posts : 3578
Age : 34
Location : Wigan UK {Mars}
Job/hobbies : Killing Zombies.....
Humor : Not Reet int Yed!! /Lee Evans/John Bishop..:)
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: starting a Bristlenose pleco breeding project   Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Brislz wrote:
hey i am getting a 95 litre tank and will cycle then add a few platies then a male and female bristlenose and i will also get a 30-45 litre quarantine for the babies and already have a breeding net but i will keep babies in the main tank or should i move the parents and babies on small tank so they can look after thier babies and by the way how many platies do you think i should get to stock the tank but not fully stocked was thinking 3-5 what do you think?

and what sort of enviroment do you think i should have?

sounds like your getting the BN bug mate lol...

Livebearer's are a bit of a miss for me not as much the large one's but the baby's they have as i had a breeding pair of swordtail's and i gave my dad 5 of the baby's, they completley pecked down all the male's bristle's the little gits lol....platty's may be different but they will breed like wild fire mate...

And 3-5 sounds like a good start........

As for tank setup well...ive found the darker and more life like the better...so go for maybe a dark gravel with plenty of bog wood and cave's.......

_________________

Dont Forget to hit the AquaRank Logo at the top of the forum page it looks just like this.VVV...........

Click here to vote for Bristlenose World

Visit BristlenoseWorld on Facebook..Sign up Please...
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=151223290672
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bristlenoseworld.com
Brislz
Small Fry
Small Fry


Male Number of posts : 26
Age : 24
Location : Leicester,England
Job/hobbies : hobbies:cricket,t.v,music,FISH
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: starting a Bristlenose pleco breeding project   Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:46 pm

i think i will get 3 platies(and i want them to breed i forgot to mention the breeding project is not only for bn's)and yes i was hoping to get some sand for the bn's wouldn't that work and loads of caves,plants and wood(drift and bog wood) and will keep as little stock as possible and by the way if and when the bn's do breed do i remove the parents and babys to smaller tank or leave them? and yes i am getting some sort of bug alright Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curby
The Boss
The Boss


Male Number of posts : 3578
Age : 34
Location : Wigan UK {Mars}
Job/hobbies : Killing Zombies.....
Humor : Not Reet int Yed!! /Lee Evans/John Bishop..:)
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: starting a Bristlenose pleco breeding project   Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:51 pm

Brislz wrote:
i think i will get 3 platies(and i want them to breed i forgot to mention the breeding project is not only for bn's)and yes i was hoping to get some sand for the bn's wouldn't that work and loads of caves,plants and wood(drift and bog wood) and will keep as little stock as possible and by the way if and when the bn's do breed do i remove the parents and babys to smaller tank or leave them? and yes i am getting some sort of bug alright Very Happy Smile

sand is also good mate...
Which parent's and baby's did you mean lol... scratch

_________________

Dont Forget to hit the AquaRank Logo at the top of the forum page it looks just like this.VVV...........

Click here to vote for Bristlenose World

Visit BristlenoseWorld on Facebook..Sign up Please...
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=151223290672
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bristlenoseworld.com
Brislz
Small Fry
Small Fry


Male Number of posts : 26
Age : 24
Location : Leicester,England
Job/hobbies : hobbies:cricket,t.v,music,FISH
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: starting a Bristlenose pleco breeding project   Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:12 pm

the bn's babys Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zane
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose


Male Number of posts : 85
Location : Gold Coast Australia
Job/hobbies : Bartender/Graphic Designer
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: starting a Bristlenose pleco breeding project   Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:01 am

I've found that the parents are fine with the babies. i have a 2 foot tank with about 70 babies in there and the parents still do their thing. Just be careful about what kind of filter you get as if its a strong canister filter it can suck the babies in it. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munter
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose


Male Number of posts : 78
Location : Sydney
Job/hobbies : Meh
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: starting a Bristlenose pleco breeding project   Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:36 am

good luck with your project. ive found with the canister filter intake i put on a large sponge filter or a filter sock (like a stocking) stops the babies getting sucked up.Just make sure you check it frequently to stop it clogging.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fishfood.tel
Brislz
Small Fry
Small Fry


Male Number of posts : 26
Age : 24
Location : Leicester,England
Job/hobbies : hobbies:cricket,t.v,music,FISH
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: starting a Bristlenose pleco breeding project   Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:34 pm

Thanks Munter and Zane is the two foot tank your main tank and have you got aggressive fish in the two footer and yes i have a hagen elite stingray 15 carbon/zeolite cartridge internal filter do you think that will suck them in well i am getting a sponge filter for my 45 litre which is my baby/quarantine tank
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvette
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose


Female Number of posts : 128
Age : 57
Location : Carlton in Lindrick, Worksop
Job/hobbies : fish and dogs
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: starting a Bristlenose pleco breeding project   Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:05 am

Brislz wrote:
Thanks Munter and Zane is the two foot tank your main tank and have you got aggressive fish in the two footer and yes i have a hagen elite stingray 15 carbon/zeolite cartridge internal filter do you think that will suck them in well i am getting a sponge filter for my 45 litre which is my baby/quarantine tank

I have had a stingray filter in a livebearer tank - it ate up all my sailfin molly fry that were a good 1/2" long. I now have externals with foam over intakes in baby tanks or the good old air driven foam filters,Y
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.roedeanewhippets.co.uk
Brislz
Small Fry
Small Fry


Male Number of posts : 26
Age : 24
Location : Leicester,England
Job/hobbies : hobbies:cricket,t.v,music,FISH
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: starting a Bristlenose pleco breeding project   Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:18 pm

Yes i will not keep this filter will change it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: starting a Bristlenose pleco breeding project   Today at 8:22 pm

Back to top Go down
 
starting a Bristlenose pleco breeding project
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» starting a Bristlenose pleco breeding project
» Help identifying Bristlenose Pleco
» Breeding The Bristlenose Pleco..
» Breeding bristlenose plecos in a 60 litre tank
» pleco breeding tank project

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Breeding Cave-
Jump to: