Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

What types of bristlenose are their out their? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

What types of bristlenose are their out their? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What types of bristlenose are their out their?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisl1994
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 18
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2013-02-03

What types of bristlenose are their out their? Empty
PostSubject: What types of bristlenose are their out their?   What types of bristlenose are their out their? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:32 pm

Ive been looking for this awmser for awhile. I know of reds browns and albinos. But what other types of bristlenose plecos are out their?
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: What types of bristlenose are their out their?   What types of bristlenose are their out their? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:43 am

http://www.bristlenoseworld.com/f47-ancistrus-by-name

Here are a list of bristlenose with some info and a piccy of most Smile
Back to top Go down
chrisl1994
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 18
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2013-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What types of bristlenose are their out their?   What types of bristlenose are their out their? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Whats a common fair price for reds? Im looking to buy some here soon. As im just getting back into my fish hobby after a 3 year break. I had a pair of reds that i sold off and i only paied like 5 bucks for them now people want 10 a fish is that fair? I am back at square one ive got a trio of browns a quad albinos and recently bought 6 albino long fins. Also what do you guys feed albinos to make them more orange? I heard sweet patatos and pumpkins work
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

PostSubject: Re: What types of bristlenose are their out their?   What types of bristlenose are their out their? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Best bet would be to hit up some of the American people on here. Super reds are worth heaps here cos they have only just been smuggled in to the country apparently.
Back to top Go down
Silvashadow
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Silvashadow

Female Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Quest for the unusual plecos!
Humor : Om nom nom?
Thank You Points : 19
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: What types of bristlenose are their out their?   What types of bristlenose are their out their? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Hmm specifically bn strains the only ones I know of directly are (besides the common brown and albino) marble/calico, super reds, blue/black eyed ancistrus known as L144 (not 100% sure that the L144 can intermingle the genes but I have heard they can so I'm listing it).

Doug wrote:
Super reds are worth heaps here cos they have only just been smuggled in to the country apparently.
Have they actually managed to get them here? Coz that is awesome if they have!! Very Happy
When did you find out Doug? And what's the price on them? I'm guessing in the $100's or so haha. Maybe in a few years when these guys have been bred around, they'll be affordable :P
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

PostSubject: Re: What types of bristlenose are their out their?   What types of bristlenose are their out their? EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:57 pm

you are thinking of the different morphs of the common bristlenose. there are lots of other species of bristlenose. Anything in the Ansistrus genus is refered to as a bristlenose.

I have heard that there are a few kicking around. i would be thinking they will be very pricey for a while. I prefer not to reveal my sources, given that it is illegal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What types of bristlenose are their out their?   What types of bristlenose are their out their? Empty

Back to top Go down

What types of bristlenose are their out their?
Page 1 of 1