Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Sunken Stomach? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Sunken Stomach? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunken Stomach?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RMlover
Small Fry
Small Fry

Female Number of posts : 24
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Sunken Stomach? Empty
PostSubject: Sunken Stomach?   Sunken Stomach? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 4:07 am

hi, my little bristlenose hasn't been well for the past week, she hasn't eaten and has, what looks like, a sunken stomach. her stomach was also turning white for some unknown reason, but i found her dead this morning when i was checking on her. i took her out for quarantine 2 days ago, i didn't have an extra heater for her and the temperature dropped to about 17-18 degrees compared to the usual 25 degrees when i checked this morning.

here's some pictures of her:
Sunken Stomach? IMG_03631_zps78a2be32

Sunken Stomach? IMG_03641_zps914912db
sorry if the pictures are a little unclear.
i hope someone can help me identify what the problem was so i would not make a second mistake Sunken Stomach? 3235774899
thank you
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Sunken Stomach? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunken Stomach?   Sunken Stomach? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:26 am

Hi,it is difficult to say but one thing for sure is that taking her from 25 degree water to 17 degrees would of finished her off.Was the tank cycled that you put her into?
Back to top Go down
RMlover
Small Fry
Small Fry

Sunken Stomach? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunken Stomach?   Sunken Stomach? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:59 pm

yes the tank that i put her in was cycled, it was 25 degrees to start with, but since it had no heater in there it dropped to 17 overnight.
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.

Sunken Stomach? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunken Stomach?   Sunken Stomach? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 2:32 pm

That would of been too cold especialy for a sick tropical fish.Get a heater incase there is a time when you need it again.Could of been a number of things wrong with the fish.What other fish were in the same tank?What size tank and what do you feed? Also have you tested the water and how often do you do water changes and cleaning?
Back to top Go down
RMlover
Small Fry
Small Fry

Sunken Stomach? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunken Stomach?   Sunken Stomach? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:04 am

i see... yeah i should get another heater soon. it was homed together with 6 neon tetras and 1 dwarf gourami i fed it cucumber, zucchini, peas, sometimes a little watermelon and algae wafers. the water tests came out normal and i do water changes every 2-3 days with at least 2 gravel cleans per week since i only have a small tank of 35L, i'm hoping to get a much bigger tank but since i'm only a student, the tanks they sell in shops are too expensive for me Sad
Back to top Go down
kaban
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
kaban

Male Number of posts : 164
Job/hobbies : concractor
Humor : not much to be serious about
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2012-02-11

Sunken Stomach? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunken Stomach?   Sunken Stomach? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:46 am

If I may suggest:
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-sydney/fish+tank/k0l3003435
also, Doug posted that for a reason:
http://www.bristlenoseworld.com/t2961-important-read-before-posting-template-inside
Back to top Go down
http://banka.ca
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Sunken Stomach? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunken Stomach?   Sunken Stomach? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 1:10 pm

If the main tank is only 35 litres,how big was the quarantine tank? Don't get a replacement as that tank is way too small for any fish to be honest.

Bristlenoses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RMlover
Small Fry
Small Fry

Sunken Stomach? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunken Stomach?   Sunken Stomach? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 7:36 am

yeah the quarantine tank was only 20L Sad but yeah i will listen to ur advice and not get a replacement until i get a larger tank, thanks for all the advice guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sunken Stomach? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunken Stomach?   Sunken Stomach? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunken Stomach?
Page 1 of 1