Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Advice needed........ Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Advice needed........ Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Advice needed........

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kabella
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Female Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : I find great pleasure in caring for 3 aquariums, 2 Yorkies and 2 cats. I also LOVE traveling to the Carribean for some awesome snorkeling. Learning to play the quitar as well.
Humor : “No Colonel Sanders, you're wrong. Mama's right.”
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Advice needed........ Empty
PostSubject: Advice needed........   Advice needed........ EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 11:35 am

Hello Everyone,

My female albino BN is gravid (I believe). Her abdomen is huge. She is very wide and her abdomen is protruding quite a bit as well.

This morning she was sucking on the glass right underneath the water flow from the filter, and I could actually see her abdomen moving and slightly lower I could see a "bulging" as though she is pushing. I pray that she is gravid its not something intestinal.

Anyway, if she is gravid, I think she is ready to lay her eggs but the male hasn't taken to the pvc pipe I put in. They have driftwood that he is always stuck to. He does favor a spot close to the bottom between the wood and the glass. I guess the location he likes on the wood could be considered a makeshift cave.

I wonder if she hasn't placed them yet because of this? Would she be able to hold off for a little while if an appropriate spot has not been prepared by the male?

I appreciate any advice you can give!

Kabella

Last edited by Kabella on Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:00 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
munter
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
munter

Male Number of posts : 78
Job/hobbies : Meh
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed........   Advice needed........ EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:03 am

hi kabella, i would take out the pvc pipe and get a clay log for yr male, make sure its not to big, mine like a snug fit. post a pic of yr female as im sure someone will be able to see if she is gravid.hope this helps. munter
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishfood.tel
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed........   Advice needed........ EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:59 pm

High Kabella, like munter suggested post a pic of your female , this will give a more accurate answer as wether she is gravid, as for your caves - if you can afford to get one of the terracotta "D" caves grab one they are the perfect size for B/N or try siliconing a big rock or something to close the back of the PVC piping in stead of having open straight through .
cheers J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed........   Advice needed........ Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice needed........
Page 1 of 1