Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Issue with potetially inbred bristlenose Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Issue with potetially inbred bristlenose Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Issue with potetially inbred bristlenose

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fluffybristle
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
Fluffybristle

Number of posts : 7
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2013-10-14

Issue with potetially inbred bristlenose Empty
PostSubject: Issue with potetially inbred bristlenose   Issue with potetially inbred bristlenose EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi All

I have just been give two super red crosses in exchange for some of my baby commons at a local fish shop. On getting them home didnt check them first!) found that the two we had been give were obviously inbred and although seemed ok one had no pectoral fins and other only had one eye! On phoning fish shop we exchanged them for some others (i now feel bad for on the badly mutated ones i took back) They just put them back in told me the fins will grow back!

One of them seems ok however the other looks fine, but when he is on the glass his stomach instead of being see through and quite visible like my others is very white coloured. When i got him/her was a bit bloated on only the stomach but that has gone down and now its just white in colour. Any idea if this is dietry or just inbreeding? I dont want to take them back as feel sorry for them and its not affecting the other fish.

Thanks

Back to top Go down
fishlady
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
fishlady

Female Number of posts : 170
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Issue with potetially inbred bristlenose   Issue with potetially inbred bristlenose EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:28 am

the list of things for inbreed is sooooo long if you think they are please dont breed them as you dont know what genes they will pass
Back to top Go down
Fluffybristle
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
Fluffybristle

Number of posts : 7
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2013-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Issue with potetially inbred bristlenose   Issue with potetially inbred bristlenose EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:13 pm

obviously i wouldnt? i was just asking if anyone knew if the stomach issue was a sickness or mutation ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issue with potetially inbred bristlenose   Issue with potetially inbred bristlenose Empty

Back to top Go down

Issue with potetially inbred bristlenose
Page 1 of 1