Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

external filter for jewul rekord 800 Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

external filter for jewul rekord 800 Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

external filter for jewul rekord 800

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
uchihahovis
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Male Number of posts : 14
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2013-12-25

external filter for jewul rekord 800 Empty
PostSubject: external filter for jewul rekord 800   external filter for jewul rekord 800 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:59 pm

okay a)what kind should be good for a messy fish
b)how do i get rid of this annoying jewul filter i have because its rubbish
c) would i need to alter my hood?

thanks guys :3

also by messy fish i mean two pleco (common, gonna be moved to larger tank soon), two bnp, loads of mollie fry, 3 adult molly, tiger botia, bala shark (2"), and dwarf musk turtles
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: external filter for jewul rekord 800   external filter for jewul rekord 800 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 12:59 am

The Juwel filters are actually very good. They just do not deal well with large debris as they are mainly sponge based.

The filters are siliconed in so to remove it will require you to cut it out using a razor or similar. My advice would be to leave it in there and simply add in a second filter. You may have to enlarge the holes in the back of the hood (or cut them in) I would look at an Eheim 2215 or 2217. Not the cheapest but they are the best.

Also, the tank seems quite overstocked, I would look to reduce the load in there.
Back to top Go down
uchihahovis
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Male Number of posts : 14
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2013-12-25

PostSubject: Re: external filter for jewul rekord 800   external filter for jewul rekord 800 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Doug wrote:
The Juwel filters are actually very good. They just do not deal well with large debris as they are mainly sponge based.

The filters are siliconed in so to remove it will require you to cut it out using a razor or similar. My advice would be to leave it in there and simply add in a second filter. You may have to enlarge the holes in the back of the hood (or cut them in) I would look at an Eheim 2215 or 2217. Not the cheapest but they are the best.

Also, the tank seems quite overstocked, I would look to reduce the load in there.
yeah the molly fry are all going like every last one and plecs are being upgraded to a bigger tank and thanks for the help :3
the jewul filter needs cleaning ever feww days at the moment so i will most likely buy a second filter, any tips on cutting the hood and such
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: external filter for jewul rekord 800   external filter for jewul rekord 800 EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:57 am

a small rotary type tool (like this http://www.dremel.com/en-au/Tools/Pages/CategoryProducts.aspx?catid=2013) would be the best bet

that is what I would use for the neatest finish.
Back to top Go down
marty14
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
marty14

Male Number of posts : 224
Humor : Totally, if a little dark.
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: external filter for jewul rekord 800   external filter for jewul rekord 800 EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 3:47 pm

uchihahovis wrote:
okay a)what kind should be good for a messy fish
b)how do i get rid of this annoying jewul filter i have because its rubbish
c) would i need to alter my hood?

thanks guys :3

also by messy fish i mean two pleco (common, gonna be moved to larger tank soon), two bnp, loads of mollie fry, 3 adult molly, tiger botia, bala shark (2"), and dwarf musk turtles
Why not get a external filter along with your internal Juwel filter.
A medium sized eheim or Fluval should do the trick.
Then you have the Juwel filter for water quality while having an external filter for the chunky stuff.
Giving you the best of both worlds. Without the hassle of having to remove the Juwel filter.
Marty  external filter for jewul rekord 800 1514952399 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: external filter for jewul rekord 800   external filter for jewul rekord 800 Empty

Back to top Go down

external filter for jewul rekord 800
Page 1 of 1