Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

could really use some advice Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

could really use some advice Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

could really use some advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
loopylou15
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 1
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2014-07-18

could really use some advice Empty
PostSubject: could really use some advice   could really use some advice EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 4:16 pm

i recently ended up with a tank and three yellow bellied turtles after a neighbour moved house and left them behind, the tank and turtles were in a terrible state and ive just sorted out all their problems but upon cleaning their tank i stumbled on a bristlenose and i have no idea about them, he is currently hidden under a bridge and i have found out he has lived with the turtles for over a year with no problems but i have no idea what if anything i should feed him, anything i put in tank is instantly eaten by the turtles and i cannot gte hold of the original owner to find out any info, please could you give me guidance as to how to look after it, thanks
Back to top Go down
love L144
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
love L144

Male Number of posts : 99
Job/hobbies : Fish Keeping
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: could really use some advice   could really use some advice EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 10:29 am

Hi &  could really use some advice 4168505391 the best thing to do is feed it after lights out it will eat most fish foods also most vegtables like cucumber courgette mushroom sweet potato ect as i say wait till lights have been out for about 20 minutes then add food
Back to top Go down
Chaase
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Number of posts : 239
Thank You Points : 9
Registration date : 2012-05-03

PostSubject: Re: could really use some advice   could really use some advice EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 9:08 am

I would also remove the Bristlenose and sell it on or put it in its own tank, it will eventually become turtle food, if they havent already tried to eat him Smile
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: could really use some advice   could really use some advice EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 3:18 am

solid effort on the behalf of the bristlenose! to survive with turtles is a tough ask for any fish.

Like the others my advice would be to take him out and give him his own tank. I do not think that he is in too much danger as turtles are pelagic hunters (they eat things in the water column, not on the bottom) but they might give him a nip while he is on the sides.

Other than that, he will be happy eating the slime and algae in the tank and any leftover food from the turtles. They are tough little dudes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: could really use some advice   could really use some advice Empty

Back to top Go down

could really use some advice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: Bristlenose Issues-
Jump to: