Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Help!! Mean bristlenose?! Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Help!! Mean bristlenose?! Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help!! Mean bristlenose?!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kar31686
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 2
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Help!! Mean bristlenose?! Empty
PostSubject: Help!! Mean bristlenose?!   Help!! Mean bristlenose?! EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:39 am

I have an albino bristlenose, he was in a tank with a shrimp, an eel and two pictus catfish, he did well we never had any issues. We got a new tank and my hubby got a lg pleco. Before we introduced the fish to the new tank we put them in the tank we already had and my bristlenose started attacking the black pleco?! To where I had to grab him out and put him in the new tank? So then my husband got me a crawfish and I put it in the tank with my bristle nose and he is attacking/bulling the crawfish?! I'm about to get rid of him because he's being sooo mean to everything but he is my favorite and I really don't want to?? Can someone help?!? Please??
Back to top Go down
Chaase
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Number of posts : 239
Thank You Points : 9
Registration date : 2012-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Help!! Mean bristlenose?!   Help!! Mean bristlenose?! EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 1:26 am

Its normal. he is just being territorial. He will eventually settle down.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Help!! Mean bristlenose?!   Help!! Mean bristlenose?! EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 2:38 am

hi and welcome along

As mentioned, this is normal behaviour for a male bristlenose. I would suggest adding on more hiding places and more complexity to the tank. sounds like they are all going for the same territory.
Back to top Go down
Kar31686
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 2
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2014-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Help!! Mean bristlenose?!   Help!! Mean bristlenose?! EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 1:18 pm

Thanks so much guys! If he will eventually settle down I will just let them be (not adding my shrimp in until he's calmed) I just added another driftwood piece today so hopefully that will calm him! Thanks for the advice!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help!! Mean bristlenose?!   Help!! Mean bristlenose?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help!! Mean bristlenose?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Introduction Section :: New Members-
Jump to: