Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Albino fry have left the cave :) Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Albino fry have left the cave :) Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Albino fry have left the cave :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zane
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
zane

Male Number of posts : 85
Job/hobbies : Bartender/Graphic Designer
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Albino fry have left the cave :) Empty
PostSubject: Albino fry have left the cave :)   Albino fry have left the cave :) EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:23 am

So i had 4 albino females FULL of eggs. 2 of them spawned a couple weeks ago and when the babies became wriglers the other 2 females spawned. I woke up this morning to a tank full of ablino babies. not 1 single common in there. Very Happy. The dad looks sooo skinny. (he hasnt left the cave for over 2 weeks) but now that all the babies have left he should come and have a munch on the cucumber i put in there.

Ok so heres a question, The albinos are TINY! i didnt realise how small they are when they leave the cave because i have been watching my commons grow up. Do i have anything to worry about regarding the 50+common juvies in the tank eating them? (the commons are about 1.5-3cm) i know they mainly eat vegies but the guy in my lfs said that they can sometimes eat the smaller weaker babies?

Ill get some pics up as soon as i can get a good shot. Smile
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Albino fry have left the cave :)   Albino fry have left the cave :) EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:21 am

you have nothing to worry about i a have small fry upto 2" in the same tank with no problems at all i just crush some algea wafers in to dust for the smaller ones as they seem to get pushed off the fresh veg by the bigger ones to start with i always put six slices in the tank three on each prong this helps
Back to top Go down
skippy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 97
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Albino fry have left the cave :)   Albino fry have left the cave :) EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:52 pm

I think they will mostly eat at any which don't make it so its nothing I would be concerned about. What I have found with other fish is the albino varieties always seem a lot slower to grow so it would be interesting to compare with the commons to see how they do.
Back to top Go down
mitch-man
Small Fry
Small Fry
mitch-man

Male Number of posts : 20
Job/hobbies : bristlenose breedind+finch breeding
Humor : comedy's
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Albino fry have left the cave :)   Albino fry have left the cave :) EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 1:04 am

I'm sure that you have nothhing to worry about, after my couple of batches that i'v had recently none have ended up eating each other.
If they do start eating each other put some algea wafers or some sort of food cause there probably hugry.
Besides that if you do catch one eating another it probably died by itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albino fry have left the cave :)   Albino fry have left the cave :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Albino fry have left the cave :)
Page 1 of 1