Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rickie Robbo
Small Fry
Small Fry

Male Number of posts : 20
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-02-07

HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's Empty
PostSubject: HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's   HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi all. just bought a breeding group of 5 BN's. 3 males and 2 females. i have moved all my sword tails and cory's into my other tank. i have 4 baby BN's (from curby) that r a couple of month old i think. should i move them too or would the other BN's be ok with them ? any help would be greatfully accepted. thanks.
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's   HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:05 pm

the only problems i can see you having is from 3 males in the same tank unless its a big tank and lots of hideing places the babes will be ok with the adults
Back to top Go down
Amber
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Amber

Number of posts : 118
Thank You Points : 12
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's   HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:35 pm

I think you would probably be alright moving the babies in with the older fish, but my experience is that is always boils down to the personalities of the fish involved. I recently moved 6 babies in with a big bachelor male in a large tank. This worked out just fine, but this male, had been a subordinate male when in with other adults. I have another bachelor male I would not have tried this with as I have had to move fish of other species out of his tank because he is highly territorial. I do make housing changes on occasion, but when I do, I always watch closely for several days to make sure it works out and have an alternative plan in the off chance it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
816johnv
V.I.P Member
816johnv

Male Number of posts : 700
Job/hobbies : Breeding Plecs, Football and most other sports
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's   HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:33 am

has already said the 3 males could be a problem unless the tank is about 4ft and there is plenty of caves and hiding places, they will be more bothered about fighting then they would breeding
Back to top Go down
Rickie Robbo
Small Fry
Small Fry

Male Number of posts : 20
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-02-07

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's   HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:01 pm

i have them in a tank that is just under 4 ft. they are all fine with each other. even with the little ones i got from curby. the 3 adult males are ok with each other 2. the male with the shortest bristles seems to be the more dominant 1 and the others just leave him be and stay out of his way. i have like 3 caves in there at the minute looking to add more. they have bred already and i have about 50 litle bn's swimming around me tank Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's   HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:45 am

A spawn already well done rickie............. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's   HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP ! behaviour of adult BN's with other young BN's
Page 1 of 1