Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

albino angel fish. Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

albino angel fish. Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

albino angel fish.

Go down 
+2
Silvashadow
Down2Earth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Down2Earth
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Number of posts : 203
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2012-02-18

albino angel fish. Empty
PostSubject: albino angel fish.   albino angel fish. EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:40 pm

ok so i got this pair of albino angel fish. they are proven pair. they laid eggs between the time i left my house to when i went to buy them.

the female is in great shape. looks good. very active.

the male on the other hand.... his fins are all jacked up. he is slow moving around the tank...... i noticed all this since i got home. the tank they came from was a 20 gallon. i have them in a 40 breeder now.

the male is not gasping at the top of the water or anything out of the norm...

other then the fact he is just slowly movin around the tank.... and his side fins are all jacked up....

any input on what i should do or what you think is much welcomed. thanks for reading my post.
Back to top Go down
Silvashadow
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Silvashadow

Female Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Quest for the unusual plecos!
Humor : Om nom nom?
Thank You Points : 19
Registration date : 2011-05-09

albino angel fish. Empty
PostSubject: Re: albino angel fish.   albino angel fish. EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Hmmm that is a bit worrying. Can you take a picture of him at all?
Might help us identify what could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

albino angel fish. Empty
PostSubject: Re: albino angel fish.   albino angel fish. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:44 am

Sorry to hear albino angel fish. 484291715

As stated above pics help better than descriptions Wink
Back to top Go down
Down2Earth
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

albino angel fish. Empty
PostSubject: Re: albino angel fish.   albino angel fish. EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:44 pm

here is a picture of the pair the day i got them.

the water and light is too dark so i cant take a good pic of him now. but this is not even a week ago.

https://2img.net/h/i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m484/harmful2nature/IMG_0957.jpg

i have him in a tank by himself. with meds running through it.
Back to top Go down
Down2Earth
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

albino angel fish. Empty
PostSubject: Re: albino angel fish.   albino angel fish. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:31 am

so its been almost a week since i started treating him. he is more active but he seems to act like he is blind. running into shit all the time.

not sure what to do about this.... i think i bought a busted pair of fish..... damn....
Back to top Go down
marty14
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
marty14

Male Number of posts : 224
Humor : Totally, if a little dark.
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2012-07-04

albino angel fish. Empty
PostSubject: Re: albino angel fish.   albino angel fish. EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Have you checked your water chemistry. Sounds like a Nitrate or Ammonia issue.
This can pop up just after filter cleaning when you accidentally use tap water to clean the medium and invertible kill all the bacteria.
Always remember never go to nuts about cleaning your tank. A little dirt is always a good thing.
Marty albino angel fish. 1514952399
Back to top Go down
Down2Earth
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

albino angel fish. Empty
PostSubject: Re: albino angel fish.   albino angel fish. EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:40 pm

no this fish has done this since i got it home. its not my set up. i have discus and a lot of angels at my house and i have no problems with any of my fish. i think its the guy i got the fish from wasnt taking a good of care of the fish as they need. so now im trying to fix it. ive been treating him for a few days now and he still doesnt eat.
Back to top Go down
marty14
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
marty14

albino angel fish. Empty
PostSubject: Re: albino angel fish.   albino angel fish. EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Down2Earth wrote:
no this fish has done this since i got it home. its not my set up. i have discus and a lot of angels at my house and i have no problems with any of my fish. i think its the guy i got the fish from wasnt taking a good of care of the fish as they need. so now im trying to fix it. ive been treating him for a few days now and he still doesnt eat.
Looks like you are needing to give him lots of TLC in a low stress environment.
Have you tried live brine schrimps ???
Angels just love those.
Not eating is a real concern. I always found that all fish be it freshwater or marine will survive most things as long as they eat.
Best of luck.
Keep us posted.
Marty albino angel fish. 2333747070
Back to top Go down
Down2Earth
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

albino angel fish. Empty
PostSubject: Re: albino angel fish.   albino angel fish. EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 5:18 am

well he only eats if i put the food right on his lips. then he eats but not alot. plus he doesnt eat when i throw the food in the tank. my plecos dont mind though since they will eat it once it hits tyhe bottom of the tank.
Back to top Go down
marty14
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
marty14

albino angel fish. Empty
PostSubject: Re: albino angel fish.   albino angel fish. EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:30 am

Down2Earth wrote:
well he only eats if i put the food right on his lips. then he eats but not alot. plus he doesnt eat when i throw the food in the tank. my plecos dont mind though since they will eat it once it hits tyhe bottom of the tank.
Then there is a way if tedious. Good to hear he is taking food none the less.
Marty albino angel fish. 1514952399
Back to top Go down
Aleishoo
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Aleishoo

Female Number of posts : 93
Job/hobbies : Painting, landscaping, photography
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2012-02-23

albino angel fish. Empty
PostSubject: Re: albino angel fish.   albino angel fish. EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Was looking at the pics of your fish (and while I don't know much about reliably sexing Angels other than watching them breed and noting the size of their breeding tubes,) I would note the fish on the right looks "extremely mature" compared to the other. Makes me wonder if you were sold one old fish with a much younger one. Also wondering what you mean by "fins all jacked up" ? Do you mean clamped ? Did you see this guys complete setup ? I have seen Angels raised in poor conditions with twirled and kinked ventral fins. If you run across a breeder that has fish that look like that... run fast in the other direction. I also suppose, it is possible for an albino fish to be blind. Hope that's not the case.
Back to top Go down
Sarahdd
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Sarahdd

Female Number of posts : 223
Job/hobbies : Breeding DD, Koi, Blue & wild blood Angelfish, Purple Moscow Guppies, & BN. Catering to 3 cats, 1 dog, & 1 husband.
Humor : Messing with the dog and the husband- the cats are on to me.
Thank You Points : 21
Registration date : 2012-12-12

albino angel fish. Empty
PostSubject: Re: albino angel fish.   albino angel fish. EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Down2Earth wrote:
so its been almost a week since i started treating him. he is more active but he seems to act like he is blind. running into shit all the time.

not sure what to do about this.... i think i bought a busted pair of fish..... damn....

Hi, I was wondering what became of your albino male angel? If you still have him and he does appear blind, I do have a male Angel that is totally blind that thrives and breeds successfully. His blindness was due to injury, not genetics, so breeding from him is not an issue.
I keep him and his mate in a fairly bare tank, as this helps him navigate. To feed him I keep a worm feeder in the tank all the time and always in the same place. He quickly learned to go to it whenever he sensed food in the tank. Frozen bloodworms are good to start with as they are fond of them. Now I can put any food in it (flake, white worms, frozen, etc.) for him. Other than the worm feeder, the only other thing in the tank is a spawning tray, and as I said he is a very good parent.
If you don't still have him, or do and don't wish to breed from him, you might consider looking for a nice Koi male to pair with your albino female- the cross produces lovely offspring and having one non-albino helps as albinos are noted as more difficult breeders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

albino angel fish. Empty
PostSubject: Re: albino angel fish.   albino angel fish. Empty

Back to top Go down

albino angel fish.
Page 1 of 1