Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

90 gallon grow out Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

90 gallon grow out Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

90 gallon grow out

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

Male Number of posts : 541
Job/hobbies : ZOMBIES!!, Horror movies, aquariums, fishing, drag racing, 4 wheeling, camping, etc etc
Humor : lots
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-08

90 gallon grow out Empty
PostSubject: 90 gallon grow out   90 gallon grow out EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Ok...since my 35 gallon was a bust I've come across a 90 gallon (340 liter). If the person will hold it for a couple of weeks I will be able to go and get it then. The measurements are 48"Lx18"Wx24"T ( 122 cm x 45 cm x 61cm roughly rounded up).

This will be a "grow out" tank for my Juvi BNs. I would like to get a few Corys to help keep the bottom clean. Is the tank too tall for them?

Also what would be a few (not a lot because I wish to keep the tank mostly for the BN babies) nice looking fish I could keep in there along with them? Don't want Mollies or Guppies.

Could I use half gravel and half coral sand on the bottom?
Back to top Go down
MarkOrm
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
MarkOrm

Male Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Fish, walking, animals, photography.
Humor : Bill Hicks.
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-24

90 gallon grow out Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon grow out   90 gallon grow out EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Tank and substrate should be fine.

I'd recommend a pair of Apisto's personally to go with your cories and BN (I'm biased!) - lovely fish, great to watch and perfect tankmates for BN.
Back to top Go down
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

Job/hobbies : ZOMBIES!!, Horror movies, aquariums, fishing, drag racing, 4 wheeling, camping, etc etc

90 gallon grow out Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon grow out   90 gallon grow out EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:58 pm

Thanks Mark!! cheers
Back to top Go down
MarkOrm
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
MarkOrm

Male Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Fish, walking, animals, photography.
Humor : Bill Hicks.
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-24

90 gallon grow out Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon grow out   90 gallon grow out EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Apisto's are really water quality sensitive - so the fact you over filter and understock will mean success. Make sure whatever variety you go for you get a pair old enough to sex. You could probably get a trio (2 females and one male) but if you've got them to be interesting rather than breeding a pair will be brilliant. Like your BN's they'll be happy with caves - but very active. Mine come straight up to the glass to see me everytime I go near the tank. Plus they won't compete with your BN's for food.
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

90 gallon grow out Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon grow out   90 gallon grow out EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:15 pm

High Bwompus , your new tank size will be perfect, it doesn't matter about the height -just don't fill it up all the way.
Your substrate : you could go either way with your choices.
Extra fish: I've always liked Microgeophagus ( Rams ) , really outstanding colours, but like the Apisto's realy like good water conditions-- the bolivian butterfly( another Microgeo) still pack a bit of colour but are a hell of lot easier to care for
and the addition of cories is a great idea - they do a bang up job of clearing away any left over food, I'd go with "Sterbai" they cost a little bit more but would be one of best looking cories IMO.
cheers J
Back to top Go down
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

90 gallon grow out Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon grow out   90 gallon grow out EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:47 am

Thanks Kuro!!

I really like the Corys. They're practical, fun to watch and just visually stunning fish.

Apistos and Rams are both beautiful fish! Can they coexist in the same tank if there were one male and female from each species?
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

90 gallon grow out Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon grow out   90 gallon grow out EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 2:43 am

Not sure if the Rams and Apisto's would co-exist ( I've never kept Apistos) , but enjoying the same water quality and both being dwarf cichlids I'd imagine you wouldn't get to many dramas.

cheers J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

90 gallon grow out Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90 gallon grow out   90 gallon grow out Empty

Back to top Go down

90 gallon grow out
Page 1 of 1