Here is an easy way to create a planted log for those who don't like bare tubes.
After talking with Mooo we decided to create a DIY article for all to use, thanks Mooo!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Benandy Terra Cotta breeding tube [A top product]
- A peice of the netting that you can get from Bi-Lo or other fruit and veg places [it is used to wrap bulk packages of Avocardos etc.]
- A length of fairly fine fishing line
- A selection of plants that you wish to use on the tube
- A wooden skew or Crochet HookSTEP 1
Take the netting and cut it to suit the log/tube you are plantingSTEP 2
Start to layout the plants on the tube so as to get the desired effectSTEP 3
Cut any larger holes needed to insert the plants roots through the nettingSTEP 4
A slight tension to the netting and tie with the fishing line.
At this point gently use the skew or hook to pull through some of the plant leaves to hold it firm and encourage the plants to grow as you wish them toSTEP 5
Add any remaining plants such as Nanas etc, to complete the projectSTEP 6SIT BACK & ENJOY!
Have a go, it's easy!
Thanks for the assistance Mooo and Ben for the great log to do this article with.CHEERS
p.s. I will add a couple of finished shots once the water clears in the tank from planting and preparing the next Endler's Tank [Cheers again Mooo!]