Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Is it possible??? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Is it possible??? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is it possible???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunchbox
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Lunchbox

Male Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : Fish Keeping, Pizza Maker
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Is it possible??? Empty
PostSubject: Is it possible???   Is it possible??? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:37 pm

My fry from my Common and Albino sf and lf spawn are leaving the cave. I noticed there are 3 different colors albino, brown,and a lighter splotchy brown tan color could this be calico or marble? Or is it just brown that hasn't darkened up yet, but there are 3 different colors coming out of the cave.
Back to top Go down
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

Male Number of posts : 541
Job/hobbies : ZOMBIES!!, Horror movies, aquariums, fishing, drag racing, 4 wheeling, camping, etc etc
Humor : lots
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Is it possible??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it possible???   Is it possible??? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:37 pm

lol! Anything is possible if you believe!!!!!! lol!

Seriously though i've had that happen and the colors just darkened. But you never know....... Wink Cool
Back to top Go down
Amber
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Amber

Number of posts : 118
Thank You Points : 12
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Is it possible??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it possible???   Is it possible??? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Do they look like calico fry? Those are reddish with a few teeny pinpoints of pigment; fairly distinctive. If they are just lighter brown, which is what it sounds like, then they will probably darken to regular old brown. I had browns from an albino/L-144 cross throw some fry that were lighter looking. When I looked closely they seemed lighter because their spots were larger so there was proportionately more light color. As they matured they darkened to be indistinguishable from my normal browns.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Is it possible??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it possible???   Is it possible??? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:46 am

Hrmmm, *makes notes in my bristlenose genetics book*

And as mentioned it is possible. and very interesting! I say its interesting becasue it lends support to the fact that there is more than 1 gene at work for the colouration. I would suggeest like the others that they will get darker with age.

Just out of interest...what would you say the ratio of colours was? like is it 1/4 albinio, 1/4 lighter, 2/4 common? just that sort of info will be really handy for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunchbox
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Lunchbox

Male Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : Fish Keeping, Pizza Maker
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Is it possible??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it possible???   Is it possible??? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:11 am

I would say by the looks of it 1/2 common more than a quarter albino and the rest the different color. The commons are green you can't miss them this differnt color is like a tan but has the same pattern of markings as the commons there is just a drastic color difference. Maybe I'm just getting my hopes up cuz I love the calicos. But we will see!! I know my Albinos are true no mix in them at all, I'm not sure about the Common males background, but the females come from generations of Albinos. Don't know if that sheds any light on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is it possible??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it possible???   Is it possible??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it possible???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Breeding Cave-
Jump to: