Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

My fish... old and new! Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

My fish... old and new! Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My fish... old and new!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abbiej1711
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Abbiej1711

Number of posts : 63
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-30

My fish... old and new! Empty
PostSubject: My fish... old and new!   My fish... old and new! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:49 pm

My tank has changed A LOT over the past few months!
I've got pictures of my old fish which have been sold, and pictures of my previous and new ones!
Including bristlenose!

I've currently got
125litre- 4 peppermints, 2 synodontis, 1 humbug cat, 1 mountain shrimp, 1 amano shrimp and 4 kribensis (one pair, the other two are into hiding!)
nano tank- lots of cherry red shrimp, 5 baby albino bristlenose (includin 2 longfins) and one brown longfin baby.
Also 2 ninja shrimp which may be called blue velvets... unsure?

My fish... old and new! 10042010
Here is my largest synodontis, hes usualy really black but i had just changed the substrate in my tank so he wasn't the happiest!
I sold him today to make room for my peppermint bristlenose.

My fish... old and new! 10042011
Not the best picture but here is my second synodontis, these two are like two peas in a pod! I sold them together to someone with a 4 ft tank so they will have plenty of swimming and fighting space!

My fish... old and new! 17082010
I got these cuties about two weeks ago! Two are longfin, three are normals. They are currently growing in my smaller shrimp tank doing great!
The bowl in the picture is messy because its the water from the bag they were transported in.. a lot of poop!

My fish... old and new! 17082011
Heres a picture after they settled in... theres driftwood which they have chewed to bits, and bogwood which the anubias is on.

My fish... old and new! 20082010
Heres my shrimp... unknown type! The shop called him a ninja shrimp although i'm not sure!
Anyone else know anything about these?

My fish... old and new! 24082010
Heres my gentle giant, the mountain shrimp! (Also known as a bamboo or rock shrimp) I got him from wharf aquatics and hes rarely seen out, so I got a shot of him whilst I could, although the angle makes him look really fat... hes more of a long thinner shape than he looks here!

I really want to get some pictures of my peppermint bristlenose but for now, they are hiding behind the filter and refusing to come out! They are gorgeous though.

All of the pictures are taken from my phone which is why some aren't of very good quality.
Im new!

** Edit, got a picture of my peppermints, although its not the best picture!
My fish... old and new! 30082014
My fish... old and new! 30082015

Mind the tank! I Had to peel the background off to see them behind the filter! Hoping to get a new background soon...
Back to top Go down
Mooo
V.I.P Member
Mooo

Female Number of posts : 957
Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : What?
Thank You Points : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: My fish... old and new!   My fish... old and new! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:30 pm

I love the look of those shrimp, love the mountain one especially
Going off to find out more about them for you :study:
Ok I googled the shrimp. The mountain shrimp, looks like it should...
The Ninja is another matter, they can have differing colouration, so it is sometimes hard to distinguish one from another...
Caridine serratulée,
The vernacular name of “Ninja Shrimp” is inspired by Ninja warriors from Japan who presented real aptitudes to been discreet and hide. This shy and small sized shrimp offers a very interesting range of colours.
http://www.crusta-fauna.org/shrimp-index/caridina-serratirostris/
Back to top Go down
http://www.livefish.com.au
Abbiej1711
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Abbiej1711

PostSubject: Re: My fish... old and new!   My fish... old and new! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanks! The shrimp in that link look fab, they look like crystal reds in some way.

I also thought my shrimp could maybe be called the 'blue velvet shrimp' as when hes as his darkest, he looks like the ones bought up in google images search!
http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=blue%20velvet%20shrimp&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&oe=utf8&rlz=1I7ADFA_en&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1596&bih=706

I've got two which were bought as ninjas, ones a bluey colour and ones gone a browny colour! I was hoping this meant one was male and one female so they could breed... I'm gonna try and get a few more as I only paid £2.99 for them!
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: damn I need a shrimp or two now..lol..   My fish... old and new! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Abbie where did you get the shrimp from, I am on the look out for the Ninja shrimps..

being a budo warrior myself I could do with a few of these...
Back to top Go down
Abbiej1711
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Abbiej1711

PostSubject: Re: My fish... old and new!   My fish... old and new! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:51 pm

I never go out of the way to aquatics... Wharf is the only exception!
So these shrimp are bought from my home town, Mansfield nottinghamshire!
Back to top Go down
Mooo
V.I.P Member
Mooo

Female Number of posts : 957
Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : What?
Thank You Points : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: My fish... old and new!   My fish... old and new! EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:09 pm

You should research breeding the particular shrimp your interested in, As some need brackish to breed and some need full salt water to breed...& some just breed prolifically in fresh..
Back to top Go down
http://www.livefish.com.au
Abbiej1711
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Abbiej1711

PostSubject: Re: My fish... old and new!   My fish... old and new! EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:56 pm

I could do but not even sure what type they are!
Also I'm not that bothered about breeding them, I've got cherry red shrimp breeding like crazy in there already, just added the ninja shrimp to get my boyfriend jealous Smile
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: your bf jealous of a shrimp... lol   My fish... old and new! EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 5:40 pm

that made me laugh ...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My fish... old and new!   My fish... old and new! Empty

Back to top Go down

My fish... old and new!
Page 1 of 1