Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

I need some advice Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

I need some advice Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need some advice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
laykoo
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
laykoo

Male Number of posts : 123
Job/hobbies : :)
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-11

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: I need some advice   I need some advice EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:16 am

I have 1 four foot tank and my bristlenose are
3 peppermints (related)
3 albino, 1 male 10-12cm and 2 immature 1 longfin

im trying to get a trio or like 2-3 pairs im thinking of selling off the peppermints only because i cant find any breeders besides the person i brought the 3 off

if i sold them id go for a pair/trio common short/longfin... this whole situation is confusing me any ideas what i can do

Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some advice   I need some advice EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:45 am

hrmmm, well if all you want to do is breed them then yeah, i would loose the peppermints as people seem to be holding onto their breeders pretty tightly at the moment in Aus. not sure why, not like there is huge demand for them or anything.

then i would get two trios. Try to get as many bloodlines as possible, and def make sure that there are no sibbling male-females as there is a chance that at some point they will all cross.

get a few caves and away you go. the longfin/shortfin issue is pure personal choice Smile
Back to top Go down
laykoo
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
laykoo

Male Number of posts : 123
Job/hobbies : :)
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-11

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some advice   I need some advice EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:54 am

i have DIY caves hopfuly they work good enough... yea i just want to breed them the 3 of my albinos are different bloodline i think that the immature ones are both female
by looks..

i like common longfin BUT there is 0 longfin breeders out my way.. and the only reason i dont like buying from aquariams is have to wait 10 months for them to grow i did it once all of them turn out to be male 4/4 so im looking for somone with grown pairs or just grown bristlenose Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some advice   I need some advice EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:25 am

the big longfin breeders are all in NSW and QLD Smile thats where all the fish shops get their stock from Smile

keep an eye out of some of the other pleco forums as they do come up every now and again, but they are expensive!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some advice   I need some advice Empty

Back to top Go down

I need some advice
Page 1 of 1