Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

L183 white seam plecos set-ups? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

L183 white seam plecos set-ups? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

L183 white seam plecos set-ups?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mpfsr
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
mpfsr

Male Number of posts : 98
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2011-07-18

L183 white seam plecos set-ups? Empty
PostSubject: L183 white seam plecos set-ups?   L183 white seam plecos set-ups? EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:28 am

So I have 5 of these in route to my home on tuesday or wednesday.There only 1". I have a 29g tank all set up and ready for them. I have lots of wood some bambo caves, slate caves, with a pool filter sand base. Some java moss and java ferns. i also have several Indian almond leaves in there. I think I have all my bases covered but would Like any input from anyone who has had them. I read some say to use blackwater extract but I have never used this.
Also wonder about feeding as I know they like both meat/plant matter. But would like input to what will grow them up good and healthy. my normal BN diet is cucumber/yellow zucchini every other day and once a week I give them shrimp pellets stuffed in them. Also 3-4 sinking algea pellets a week from www.almostnaturaltropicalfishfood.com
Any other tips I'm an open to any advise, as you can only get so much info from books and the net. It always better to have first hand exp. Smile

Thx, for any input
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: L183 white seam plecos set-ups?   L183 white seam plecos set-ups? EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:30 pm

Mate, you are a gun! You have obviously done your research because that is a awesome effort! I could not have set that tank up any better if I had $10000 and all the time in the world!

I would not change anything. Make sure you aclimatise the fish slowly, last thing you want is them to get shocked going into their new home and get ill or worse. apart from that make sure it is well cycled and stable and they will grow like crazy. I have always take then approach that it is not wise to try and force fish to grow quickly and this can put stress on them, the tank etc. The best bet is to give them the best conditions possible and let them grow however fast they want too.

remember, if you are looking to breed them keep your eye out for other bloodlines. Breeding from one single sourse leads to inbreeding and that leads to a lot of issues. Keep an eye out for other blood lines coming onto the market and don't be afraid of doing swaps with other breeders. it will pay off in the long run, trust me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jond4261
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
jond4261

Male Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Job: Electrician. Hobbies: Fish Keeping and watching Cricket.
Humor : sarcastic
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2010-11-30

PostSubject: Re: L183 white seam plecos set-ups?   L183 white seam plecos set-ups? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:49 pm

mpfsr wrote:
I have a 29g tank all set up and ready for them. I have lots of wood some bambo caves, slate caves, with a pool filter sand base. Some java moss and java ferns. i also have several Indian almond leaves in there. I think I have all my bases covered but would Like any input from anyone who has had them. I read some say to use blackwater extract but I have never used this.

Any chance of a Photo so we can see your set up....???

cheers

Jon
Back to top Go down
mpfsr
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
mpfsr

PostSubject: Re: L183 white seam plecos set-ups?   L183 white seam plecos set-ups? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:17 pm

Here it is...

L183 white seam plecos set-ups? Img_0618
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: L183 white seam plecos set-ups?   L183 white seam plecos set-ups? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:33 am

Looks good to me Good Job
Back to top Go down
jond4261
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
jond4261

Male Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Job: Electrician. Hobbies: Fish Keeping and watching Cricket.
Humor : sarcastic
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2010-11-30

PostSubject: Re: L183 white seam plecos set-ups?   L183 white seam plecos set-ups? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Very nice. Good Job

Any reason for not having much weed or is that some thing you're going to add at a later date. I tend to have my tanks heavily planted but do also like the "bare" look too. Infact when I get my next one I'll probably go down the unplanted route purely for the contrasting look.

cheers

Jon
Back to top Go down
mpfsr
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
mpfsr

PostSubject: Re: L183 white seam plecos set-ups?   L183 white seam plecos set-ups? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:15 pm

most of my tanks have lots of plants..I took just alittle from one so far gonna let it go and see how fast it will grow before i add more. I don't have a light for the tank yet. Not that I use tank lights for any tanks in my bacement. I have strip lights that cover all the top tanks and just one side of the bottom shelf has a light. I need to go back to work so I can get more free lights Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L183 white seam plecos set-ups?   L183 white seam plecos set-ups? Empty

Back to top Go down

L183 white seam plecos set-ups?
Page 1 of 1