Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

My Bearded dragon - Page 2 Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

My Bearded dragon - Page 2 Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Bearded dragon

Go down 
+4
kfenk
jim.and
june
Aussie guy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

My Bearded dragon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Good for you i say and good luck with it.I hope you will get as much pleasure from it as i did. Smile
Back to top Go down
Aussie guy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Aussie guy

Male Number of posts : 113
Job/hobbies : Fish, Rockclimbing, Animals of every kidney
Humor : I'd tell a joke, but I can't think of one :)
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2011-04-27

PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Cheers, for me the next step, after I get back from Indonesia, is a pair of carpet pythons (Morelia spilota) Smile
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.

PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:20 pm

I wish you good luck,I have never kept snakes but my sister used to breed corn snakes of all different colours.Some of them were rare colours too.It isn't something i have really ever been interested in as a pet but I used to hold hers and like to see the eggs in the incubator.
Back to top Go down
Aussie guy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Aussie guy

PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Lol I would love to be able to keep Chameleon and leopard geckos but as I understand it they are both illegal here in Australia Sad
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:45 pm

That's a shame but there must be good reasons i suspect.Ever thought about moving ? LOL
Back to top Go down
Aussie guy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Aussie guy

PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Constantly, when I see some of the amazing critters available outside of Aus I could cry; and yeah there are very good reasons for our import laws being the way they are. We have some amazing wildlife here in Aus and protecting it is very important.
One3 day though, I hope to find a solution that will allow me to keep all the critters that I want legally Smile
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Yes the wildlife is absolutely unbelievable in some countries.It is just amazing,i couldn't imagines living amongst such beauty and also such danger.When i stayed in Florida for a month i couldn't believe the wildlife i came across there and am lucky to be alive actualy.Geckos and lizards in the yard and I almost stepped on a huge coiled rattle snake one time.A small aligator jumped out of the lake at me when i was fishing and i even had a water moccasin chase me.It swam over my line when i was fishing at the side of a small river and i jiggled my rod to get it to move and it came after me.I didn't know it would do that.The problem is my ignorance as i live in a country where things like that just do not live.

I fed a heron my fish and even saw tortoises walk across the dirt roads and snapping turtles i saw,not to mention the beautiful birds and oh my god the size of spiders and beetles there !! There was a spider in the bathroom the size of my hand.The palmetto bugs are huge and horrible things.It was like living in an amazing dream world to me.
Back to top Go down
Aussie guy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Aussie guy

PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Wow that sounds amazing what scares me is that many fail to see the richness that is on their very doorstep Smile
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Yes it is because when you are born into it or live with it for a long time you take it for granted and get so used to it that you don't see it,it is because it is so normal and natural and a part of your every day life.That is quite easy to understand though but it is a shame that happens.We all do it to a certain degree it is hard not to as things become the norm to us we stop seeing them.
Back to top Go down
Aussie guy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Aussie guy

PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 1:31 pm

All I can hope is that I never grow blase about the wonders of the natural world. I truly believe, that my world would become so much poorer if I was to loose the sense of amazement that the natural world gives me. Weird, I know, but that's sort of how I feel about it Smile
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:29 pm

I absolutely agree with you and know exactly what you mean Smile
Back to top Go down
Aussie guy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Aussie guy

PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:08 pm

Update: Moses the bearded dragon has begun to feed normally again so many thanks to every one who shared thought's on how to get him back on his food. (so happy)
My Bearded dragon - Page 2 3335189316 My Bearded dragon - Page 2 3335189316 My Bearded dragon - Page 2 3335189316 My Bearded dragon - Page 2 3335189316 My Bearded dragon - Page 2 3335189316 My Bearded dragon - Page 2 3335189316 My Bearded dragon - Page 2 3335189316 My Bearded dragon - Page 2 3335189316
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:24 pm

great news Smile
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:49 pm

fantastic news!!

good work mate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Bearded dragon   My Bearded dragon - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Bearded dragon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2