Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Red Juwel pleco Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Red Juwel pleco Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Red Juwel pleco

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
davew
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
davew

Number of posts : 172
Thank You Points : 17
Registration date : 2011-07-26

Red Juwel pleco Empty
PostSubject: Red Juwel pleco   Red Juwel pleco EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:30 pm

so i have just come back from the lfs, and they had a Red Juwel pleco, so my question is has anyone ever herd of one cause it looked like a calaco to me......
similar to the one bristlenoses bought recently.....

am i missing somthing or is the "Red Jewel" a seriously overpriced Calaco.....

hahah they wanted 39.99 for it....are you having a lauf...|
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Red Juwel pleco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Juwel pleco   Red Juwel pleco EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Never heard of it,it must be a Calico if it looks like the one I have (in my avatar) and a very pricey one.Was it an adult?
Back to top Go down
davew
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
davew

Red Juwel pleco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Juwel pleco   Red Juwel pleco EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:49 pm

it was almost a carbon copy of the the one in your avitar....adult on the small size....i said to him thats a calaco is it not...he said .....no its a red juwel.....so i asked whats a red juwel he said plec....phhhh some people,

he then told me....theres a female in there to, he tryed to show me, but it had already been sold...i said was it the same markings he said no its just a female common, i thought i would see if they go at it.....

so i asked him if he was struggling to get common bn;s because thats about all you would get from that breed, lmfao.....

anyway thought as much......lfs making up its own breed to get more money....nice....

39.99 for a calaco....i dont think so !
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Red Juwel pleco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Juwel pleco   Red Juwel pleco EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:42 pm

I paid £14.99 for my boy Dave.If you ever see a female like him please let me know Smile
Back to top Go down
davew
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
davew

Red Juwel pleco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Juwel pleco   Red Juwel pleco EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:13 pm

yeah i will do...tbh the only ones i have seen in lfs where the one you got from tree tops, when i picked up those SR's and the one in the one today....

but i go round all the local ones, Bardill's, madienhead, couple at garden centers, mansfield acuatics etc etc, so i'll come across some sooner or later,

Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Red Juwel pleco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Juwel pleco   Red Juwel pleco EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:08 am

LFS or there suppliers make up names for fish all the time. It's up to us to be able to identify fish nowa days. Well atleast you caught him out Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Red Juwel pleco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Juwel pleco   Red Juwel pleco Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Juwel pleco
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: Bristlenose Talk-
Jump to: