Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime?

Go down 
+3
kfenk
jim.and
Jeff
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeff
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Jeff

Male Number of posts : 307
Job/hobbies : Semi-retired / Lord of the Rings Online
Humor : dry
Thank You Points : 17
Registration date : 2011-09-07

Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime? Empty
PostSubject: Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime?   Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime? EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:01 pm

I've noticed that my albino common bn females seem to enjoy basking in the light, was curious if anyone else has active daytime plecs?
Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime? IMG_0006
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime?   Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime? EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:20 pm

I find with my commons that during the daytime, juveniles are always active and nothing much bothers them. My adult females are active but if they know they are being watched will quickly go into hiding and the adult males will rarely venture far from their cave, unless food is involved lol!

I have some wild Ancistrus sp (2m-1f) that are almost completely nocturnal and yet I have a wild Ancistrus sp Honeycomb (male) that is always active during the daytime, unlike the commons he will leave his cave for long periods, possibly because he knows there are no females (for now) Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime?   Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime? EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:27 am

Out of the different plecos iv owned I'd have to say the Ancistrus Sp. variants would have to be the most active.
Back to top Go down
BigBrotherG
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
BigBrotherG

Male Number of posts : 73
Job/hobbies : Maritime Officer(3/O)/BN
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime?   Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime? EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 3:42 am

From my colection the albino male and the longfin females albino and comon are very active during the day sometimes the comong long fin male but when i'm entering inside the room he is hiding very quickly. The other bn which i have (dont know yet what number) are not very active during the day. Cheers!!!
Back to top Go down
MrRRunner
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
MrRRunner

Male Number of posts : 45
Job/hobbies : Love Cars, making pleco caves.
Humor : Very sarcastic apparently
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime?   Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime? EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Definitely my L144's (Ancistrus sp(4) Smile
Back to top Go down
mmccannon
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
mmccannon

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime?   Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:44 pm

All (common, L144) but my L134. Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime? 484291715
Back to top Go down
davew
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
davew

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2011-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime?   Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Humm, well i never see my l181 unless its like 1am, and just the room light is on,

the Common Plec in the main tank is not shy at all he is always out, as is the L191,

my common bn longfins are not to bad they dont mind people as long as there on wood, the albino's are always out, they not fussed by anything,

Male SR always hides and Females is usally out same as the albino's Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime?   Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which of your plecos are most likely to be active in the daytime?
Page 1 of 1