Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

l340 eggs on sand Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

l340 eggs on sand Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

l340 eggs on sand

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
carptamer
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 179
Job/hobbies : rsco/fish breeder
Humor : very dry at times
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-23

l340 eggs on sand Empty
PostSubject: l340 eggs on sand   l340 eggs on sand EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:07 pm

hi can anyone give me any advice on the above it was there first attempt to spawn since ive had them but apparently they spawned before there was only 2 eggs on te sand do you think the male may have more in cave or not also lost a smaller male to territorial battle i suppose now 2 males and 4 females left any help or ideas would be gratefully appreciated thanks steve. Mad
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

l340 eggs on sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: l340 eggs on sand   l340 eggs on sand EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:34 pm

I don't think L340's are renowned for large batches of eggs but there should be more than two. The male may well have more in the cave or they may have been eaten.
Back to top Go down
Carolan
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Carolan

Female Number of posts : 123
Job/hobbies : plant mom
Humor : definitely!!!!
Thank You Points : 9
Registration date : 2011-12-13

l340 eggs on sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: l340 eggs on sand   l340 eggs on sand EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:02 am

I am sorry for your situation l340 eggs on sand 484291715 maybe he has some more in his cave?

If not I feel your loss.
-In my modest opinion, as has happened to me just recently, sometimes when stressed perhaps the battle, not too sure, may cause them to eat their eggs, following jim.and's logic/ reply. This happened to me when the male became to stressed from a move from Calgary to Edmonton-despite our attempts to create a calm environment, he had spawned several times before but it was too much for this daddy- finally not realizing it he had eaten most of the eggs and I actually saw him munching away as well. Did some research on this site and stress could have played a factor- keep positive, I always try after things seem to go wrong. I have learned that here on BNWorld!

-But now my male is caving and fanning and his lady is becoming gravid and interested in his displays again-so it may have been a one time thing!
All the best of fortune- hope my experience helps! l340 eggs on sand 1514952399
Back to top Go down
carptamer
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 179
Job/hobbies : rsco/fish breeder
Humor : very dry at times
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-23

l340 eggs on sand Empty
PostSubject: l340 kicked out eggs   l340 eggs on sand EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:27 pm

ive got 2 eggs in a fry saver at the moment to see if hey hatch but not worried as if they do it once im sure they will do it again i have 2 males and 4 females so just a matter orf time i think before they do it again thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

l340 eggs on sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: l340 eggs on sand   l340 eggs on sand Empty

Back to top Go down

l340 eggs on sand
Page 1 of 1