Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

My Male BN is a Wuss. Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

My Male BN is a Wuss. Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Male BN is a Wuss.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Geezer204
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 10
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-04-22

My Male BN is a Wuss. Empty
PostSubject: My Male BN is a Wuss.   My Male BN is a Wuss. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:55 am

So about a month back my brown LF male and albino female attempted to have fry, but it ended up failing. Not really sure how, woke up one morning and the eggs were all gone? Anyway, I kind of got frustrated and held back on doing cold water changes, and "trying" to entice them. Well I was up late the other night, and I looked into the tank to see what was up, and my female was chasing my male around..... I thought it was strange. So I have been watching the last few nights, and my female is continously chasing after the male. She even kicks him out of his cave and he just scoots across the tank away from her! What is the deal with this? She also appears to be gravid. Maybe he is just not into the albino females anymore.
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: My Male BN is a Wuss.   My Male BN is a Wuss. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:01 am

Is the male smaller than the female? Could be that she's just the more dominant of the two. My male marble longfin tries to fight the girls off at feeding time and doesn't win. But when it come to protecting a cave full of eggs or wrigglers he's the boss and they can't come near the entrance lol. I'd just wait for her to be ready to lay and once they spawn he should become the boss again Smile
Back to top Go down
hlee72ca
Small Fry
Small Fry

Male Number of posts : 24
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: My Male BN is a Wuss.   My Male BN is a Wuss. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:57 am

I have a trio of common BN, and my male is smaller than both females, after many successful batches the biggest female takeover the spawning cave and wouldn't let the male in. She had grown huge, aleast double the weight of the male, well I sent her off to the local fish store. Now the male reclaimed the cave and still spawns with the other female. It seems that you definately need a mature male to spawn and it doesn't hurt if it is bigger than the females. Another time one of my females spawned with a secondary male( I have 3 in the tank), well the alpha male kicked the junior male out and tookover fanning the batch, the fry still turned out great. Smile
Back to top Go down
Geezer204
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 10
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-04-22

PostSubject: Re: My Male BN is a Wuss.   My Male BN is a Wuss. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:58 pm

Yeah, my female is a little longer, and a lot fatter than the male. I'm hoping he gets tough if she lays the eggs for him!

Lol hlee72ca that be pretty funny to watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Male BN is a Wuss.   My Male BN is a Wuss. Empty

Back to top Go down

My Male BN is a Wuss.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Breeding Cave-
Jump to: