Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Chocolate Angels. Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Chocolate Angels. Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chocolate Angels.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
marty14
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
marty14

Male Number of posts : 224
Humor : Totally, if a little dark.
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2012-07-04

Chocolate Angels. Empty
PostSubject: Chocolate Angels.   Chocolate Angels. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Just added two angels to my main tank. The work really well with Bristlenose and fit in perfectly. I have never kept angels before but now I realise what I missed out on.
They where sold to me as leopard angels but apparently have now turned out to be chocolate angels. Regardless they are great for any bristlenose tank.
Marty Chocolate Angels. 1514952399
Chocolate Angels. Resize10

Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Chocolate Angels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Angels.   Chocolate Angels. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:49 pm

beautiful!
Back to top Go down
marty14
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
marty14

Chocolate Angels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Angels.   Chocolate Angels. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:30 pm

Doug wrote:
beautiful!
Thank you cheers
Back to top Go down
Sarahdd
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Sarahdd

Female Number of posts : 223
Job/hobbies : Breeding DD, Koi, Blue & wild blood Angelfish, Purple Moscow Guppies, & BN. Catering to 3 cats, 1 dog, & 1 husband.
Humor : Messing with the dog and the husband- the cats are on to me.
Thank You Points : 21
Registration date : 2012-12-12

Chocolate Angels. Empty
PostSubject: Leopard / Chocolate Angels   Chocolate Angels. EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 4:58 pm

marty14 wrote:
Just added two angels to my main tank. The work really well with Bristlenose and fit in perfectly. I have never kept angels before but now I realise what I missed out on.
They where sold to me as leopard angels but apparently have now turned out to be chocolate angels. Regardless they are great for any bristlenose tank.

Hi Marty Chocolate Angels. 1514952399
Just ran across this post, and wanted to say first, what a GORGEOUS pair of angels you have, and second, they do indeed appear to be Leopards. All Leopards turn dark as they age, only youngsters are "spotted". Leopard is the result of combining Smokey and Zebra genes, you can still see the patterning in their fins. The adults do end up looking like Chocolates, but they aren't, as Chocolates carry two copies of the Smokey gene.
Anyway, they are really beautiful, are they a pair?

Love nice Angels! Sarah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
marty14
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
marty14

Chocolate Angels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Angels.   Chocolate Angels. EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 9:38 pm

Sarahdd wrote:
marty14 wrote:

Hi Marty Chocolate Angels. 1514952399
Just ran across this post, and wanted to say first, what a GORGEOUS pair of angels you have, and second, they do indeed appear to be Leopards. All Leopards turn dark as they age, only youngsters are "spotted". Leopard is the result of combining Smokey and Zebra genes, you can still see the patterning in their fins. The adults do end up looking like Chocolates, but they aren't, as Chocolates carry two copies of the Smokey gene.
Anyway, they are really beautiful, are they a pair?

Love nice Angels! Sarah Very Happy
Hi thank you.
Sorry to get back to you so late I was in the US visiting a friend.
Funny how you say that about it being Leopards. They where sold to me as such. But some "experts" said that they where chocolates.
So thank you for clearing that up for me.
But they are gorgeous. But you are right they have no patterns anymore. But frisky as ever. also they are so tame. They know when it is eating time coming up to the same spot every time and eating out of my hand.
Just simply terrific fish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chocolate Angels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Angels.   Chocolate Angels. Empty

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Angels.
Page 1 of 1