Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Can bristlenose live in ponds? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Can bristlenose live in ponds? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can bristlenose live in ponds?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zane
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
zane

Male Number of posts : 85
Job/hobbies : Bartender/Graphic Designer
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Can bristlenose live in ponds? Empty
PostSubject: Can bristlenose live in ponds?   Can bristlenose live in ponds? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 7:24 am

Hey guys another question Smile , my dad has a fishpond out the front of our house. and it has a lot of algae in it. i know it would be too cold at the moment but i was wondering if in summer if it would be a good idea for me to put some baby bristlenose's in there? I dont really know much about water chemistry but its a concrete base with a lot of plants and guppies. gets a good circulation of rainwater in summer. i could put some big bogwood in there for them to munch on but would they get tangled up in algae and die or would they be alright? (it is the stringy kind of algae)
Back to top Go down
Angi-N-Wayne
V.I.P Member

Number of posts : 690
Job/hobbies : Fish are our hobbies
Thank You Points : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Can bristlenose live in ponds?   Can bristlenose live in ponds? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 3:48 pm

To be honest, I have heard of someone keeping common brown B/N's in a garden pond, slightly north of here (Sheffield) and they have apparantly happily bred in there. As long as the pond is deep enough for them to get out of the way they apparantly seem to be fine. Unfortunatley as we live in a flat, it's not something that I can try out, although we have been threatening to have a go at keeping a few in a unheated tank to see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
http://worm-cultures.com/
zane
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
zane

Male Number of posts : 85
Job/hobbies : Bartender/Graphic Designer
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Can bristlenose live in ponds?   Can bristlenose live in ponds? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:59 pm

ahok nice. when the weather up here gets a bit warmer i shall try it out. what is the coldest water temperature i would be safe with?
Back to top Go down
paulicans
Small Fry
Small Fry
paulicans

Male Number of posts : 20
Job/hobbies : bodyboard/bristlnose
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Can bristlenose live in ponds?   Can bristlenose live in ponds? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:10 am

zane wrote:
Hey guys another question Smile , my dad has a fishpond out the front of our house. and it has a lot of algae in it. i know it would be too cold at the moment but i was wondering if in summer if it would be a good idea for me to put some baby bristlenose's in there? I dont really know much about water chemistry but its a concrete base with a lot of plants and guppies. gets a good circulation of rainwater in summer. i could put some big bogwood in there for them to munch on but would they get tangled up in algae and die or would they be alright? (it is the stringy kind of algae)

yes they can the water temp doesnt drop so much here in wa australia i have put a couple of common bn to clean the algae out of the pond and not one of them have died yet.it depends what area and what your climate is.im hoping they get bigger then the ones in my tank.due to because of a bigger area to rome in and lots of algae, i still feed them vegies to balance their diet:D
Back to top Go down
paulicans
Small Fry
Small Fry
paulicans

Male Number of posts : 20
Job/hobbies : bodyboard/bristlnose
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Can bristlenose live in ponds?   Can bristlenose live in ponds? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:13 am

zane wrote:
ahok nice. when the weather up here gets a bit warmer i shall try it out. what is the coldest water temperature i would be safe with?

19 not any lower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can bristlenose live in ponds?   Can bristlenose live in ponds? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can bristlenose live in ponds?
Page 1 of 1