Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GhostArcher
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
GhostArcher

Male Number of posts : 18
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? Empty
PostSubject: Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....???   Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 2:09 am

well here are the 6 eggs I found.
Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? DSC05854_zps4a07dad2
As the title says this is the second batch I have found with no male. This batch has 6 very nice looking eggs. The first batch actually had about 12 - 15 I would say. But, no male guarding them. What is going on? There are 2 mature males in the tank and the eggs appear to have been fertilized. Thanks in advance for your help.
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....???   Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:10 am

Hi,have the males got proper caves ? These eggs may not of been attached to something properly and so have floated out of the cave.Can you say a little about the set up and caves and other fish in the tank so we can get an idea of what may be happening.

Bristlenoses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GhostArcher
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
GhostArcher

PostSubject: Re: Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....???   Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Bristlenoses wrote:
Hi,have the males got proper caves ? These eggs may not of been attached to something properly and so have floated out of the cave.Can you say a little about the set up and caves and other fish in the tank so we can get an idea of what may be happening.

Bristlenoses Very Happy

They have 4 pvc caves. It is a 30 gallon set up with 4 pvc caves and 2 mature pair of albino bristlenose. Good News though. I did end up finding a male guarding eggs last night in the back side of the driftwood. Which by the way is a very hard place to see in the tank lol. Wooooo!!!! I am also keeping these 6 eggs and trying to hatch them myself.
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.

PostSubject: Re: Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....???   Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:31 pm

I would say that there is your problem.It is the PVC caves they are no good as they are too smooth and slippy to attach eggs to.You need to get rid of them and get some other caves made of clay or something.Then your bristlenoses will have no problems and will be happier.

Congrats on the eggs and i hope all goes well,good luck and keep us posted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GhostArcher
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
GhostArcher

PostSubject: Re: Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....???   Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:10 pm

I've got wigglers!!!!!! Man I am excited!! My first successful plec breed Ever!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sarahdd
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Sarahdd

Female Number of posts : 223
Job/hobbies : Breeding DD, Koi, Blue & wild blood Angelfish, Purple Moscow Guppies, & BN. Catering to 3 cats, 1 dog, & 1 husband.
Humor : Messing with the dog and the husband- the cats are on to me.
Thank You Points : 21
Registration date : 2012-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....???   Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:06 am

GhostArcher wrote:
I've got wigglers!!!!!! Man I am excited!! My first successful plec breed Ever!!!!

Hey, Congratulations!!!

Bristlenoses is right, the PVC is no good. I tried it because it's recommended all over the internet, but also offered other choices at the same time. Not one of my males ever gave the PVC even a look, so I guess they knew too!

If you are looking to purchase rather than make your own caves, I got mine from a place called "AquaMaid". I bought the 1inch, and 1 1/4 inch square x 6 inch long terra- cotta logs. They all want the ones with the smaller 1inch openings even though it's a pretty tight squeeze for my larger boys.

Again, Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? 1650918589 Congratulations and enjoy the new kids!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....???   Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 am

Congratulations Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? 1650918589 That is fantastic news,i bet you havn't took your eyes off them yet.We all know how excited you must be.

Bristlenoses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GhostArcher
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
GhostArcher

PostSubject: Re: Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....???   Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Bristlenoses wrote:
Congratulations Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? 1650918589 That is fantastic news,i bet you havn't took your eyes off them yet.We all know how excited you must be.

Bristlenoses Very Happy

LOL!! The only reason I do stop looking in the tank is because I have to eat and sleep! Ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....???   Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Second batch of eggs. Still no male guarding.....???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Breeding Cave-
Jump to: