Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Login Passwords Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Login Passwords Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Login Passwords

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
davcat
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
davcat

Male Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : Breeding ...
Humor : Plecos that is : )
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-01-07

Login Passwords Empty
PostSubject: Login Passwords   Login Passwords EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:29 pm

I wanted to update/change my login password and duly went to my profile page, made the changes and saved.
Problem is, the system doesn't recognise the new password when I try and login on a new session. Hence I have to say I can't remember my password and I have to go through the procedure of logging in with a password sent by email.
Not bad in itself, but this has happened about 5 times over 2 days.
It's getting tiresome.
Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in the system?
Help Login Passwords 3235774899
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Login Passwords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login Passwords   Login Passwords EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi,just a thought.On some computers it will ask if you want to save the password on your computer to certain sites.Can you remember if you did that or if your computer does actualy ask if you want to save your passwords? Apart from that there should be no problem with changing your password on the site.If you are still having problems Curby will be the best person to ask as he is the site administrator.I am sure he will see your post soon and reply to you with any help he can give.

Bristlenoses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
davcat
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
davcat

Login Passwords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login Passwords   Login Passwords EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:03 pm

Thanks for the reply bristlenoses.
In replying I have had to again say I "forgot my password" and have had to go through the whole activate procedure.
I must say, when I enter my new password, I tell the computer to remember it. However, for the temporary password generated in the email, I don't.
Should I?
Anyway, it is really frustrating now. I don't want to stay logged on indefinitely and I don't want to have to go through the "forgot my password" each time. Perhaps Curby can help Login Passwords 1514952399
Cheers from downunder.
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.

Login Passwords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login Passwords   Login Passwords EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi,sorry you are having such problems.Try telling the computer to remember the generated password first.Also try logging in with your old (first password) and see if that one still works.

Another thing that i would try is,tell the computer not to remember the password and just write it down,see if you can log in yourself without the computer remembering it.Let me know how all those go and i may be able to help you more.

Bristlenoses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
davcat
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
davcat

Login Passwords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login Passwords   Login Passwords EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:16 am

woohoo Login Passwords 1153438146

All's fixed (I think).
Computer told to remember updated 'email' password once account reactivated
Changed password once logged in, saved/updated then told computer to remember my new password.
Have always preferred to type password in rather than have computer remember it, but there you go.
Thanks so much for your help, now I can get to a most fantastic site.

Login Passwords 1650918589

Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Login Passwords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login Passwords   Login Passwords EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:31 am

Excellent,glad it's sorted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
davcat
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
davcat

Login Passwords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login Passwords   Login Passwords EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 1:30 am

Aaagggghhhhh!!
It's happened again Login Passwords 484291715 exactly like before Mad
Really appreciated your help before Bristlenoses, but do you have any other suggestions?
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Login Passwords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login Passwords   Login Passwords EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:26 am

Hi,you could try restoring your computer to a date just before you started changing the password.

Did you forget your password or just want to change it?

Bristlenoses Smile
Back to top Go down
davcat
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
davcat

Login Passwords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login Passwords   Login Passwords EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:00 am

G'day again Bristlenoses.
Yeah, just wanted to change my password (I do it regularly for all my internet stuff just as a security precaution).

Re: restoring my operating system to before the original update - not saying that would work but if it did, wouldn't that in itself signify a bug in the code within the website, not my computer? Are there any computer aficionados out there?

Interestingly, after receiving notification of your reply - I was able to log in again using the password generated by BNW's automated email and "saved" auto-generated password (despite me updating and saving my new password last seesion).

Not sure if anyone else would be reading this so perhaps I will just have to use the auto-generated PW - a difficulty if I want to use another computer I suppose. Cheers

Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Login Passwords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login Passwords   Login Passwords EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 10:27 am

Hi,I have changed my password twice and then changed it back to it's original one with no problems whatsoever.My computer asked me if i wanted to update my saved password each time i changed it and i said yes.I had no problems at all so all i can tell you is that there is no problem with the site.

It seems like your pc has saved the password from the mail but not your new one.

Bristlenoses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
davcat
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
davcat

Login Passwords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login Passwords   Login Passwords EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 10:49 pm

Ok, thanks for trying on your computer.
Really weird that I can only log-in now with an auto-generated pw Shocked
I guess there are more strange things on heaven and earth than we will ever know - apologies to Shakespeare of course Smile
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Login Passwords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login Passwords   Login Passwords EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Strange,i hope you manage to sort it out.

Bristlenoses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Login Passwords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Login Passwords   Login Passwords Empty

Back to top Go down

Login Passwords
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Off The Topic........ :: Off the topic chat-
Jump to: