Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Whitest blotches disappeared? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Whitest blotches disappeared? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whitest blotches disappeared?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnnyAMH
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Male Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : Retired/Tropical Fish Breeding
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-19

Whitest blotches disappeared? Empty
PostSubject: Whitest blotches disappeared?   Whitest blotches disappeared? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:32 pm

I recently purchased some brown bristlenose plecos from a big box pet store. I was happy to see them available to the average hobbyist. I purchased them because they looked different than most I have seen and cost a few more dollars. They had whitest blotches sort of like marbled angelfish. I put them in my tank and didn’t see them for a couple of days. When I did see them again, about two days later; the white patches had disappeared and were replaced by tiny white dots. The fish appear healthy and are eating well. Is this normal and will the white areas reappear Question
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Whitest blotches disappeared?   Whitest blotches disappeared? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 10:23 pm

Hi,what you saw may of been stress colouration and if it was it will only be visible when the fish are stressed.Also if they are on a very light substrate to what they are used to they sometimes show different markings.What substrate were they on and what are they on now? Do you know how long the store had had them in ? They could also be marbled bristlenoses and may have gone dark due to stress of the move.Photo's may help to determine if they are commons or marbled bristlenoses.

Bristlenoses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ktk05
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
ktk05

Female Number of posts : 381
Job/hobbies : Registered Respiratory Therapist @ hospital
Thank You Points : 17
Registration date : 2012-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Whitest blotches disappeared?   Whitest blotches disappeared? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 2:11 am

Does it look like ick?

Commons do have white spots usually , especially as youngsters. Pics!
Back to top Go down
JohnnyAMH
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Male Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : Retired/Tropical Fish Breeding
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Whitest blotches disappeared?   Whitest blotches disappeared? EmptyTue May 28, 2013 1:18 am

Thanks guys! It's been a few weeks now and all is well. I was hopeing that they were special. They appear to be common Bristlenose, which is cool with me. I got them from Petco. Recently I found some huge common Bristlenose at Walmart of all places. They are about 31/2 inches long and are also doing well. The thing that puzzels me is that the smaller Mom and Pop LPS seem to have a hard time stocking them... Whitest blotches disappeared? 3235774899
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Whitest blotches disappeared?   Whitest blotches disappeared? EmptyTue May 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi,ask the LPS why they don't have them,maybe they will want yours?
Back to top Go down
ktk05
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
ktk05

Female Number of posts : 381
Job/hobbies : Registered Respiratory Therapist @ hospital
Thank You Points : 17
Registration date : 2012-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Whitest blotches disappeared?   Whitest blotches disappeared? EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:42 pm

you could probably become their supplier!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitest blotches disappeared?   Whitest blotches disappeared? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whitest blotches disappeared?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: Bristlenose Issues-
Jump to: