Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

New babies, and a question or two Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

New babies, and a question or two Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New babies, and a question or two

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
et1123
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 3
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2013-10-23

New babies, and a question or two Empty
PostSubject: New babies, and a question or two   New babies, and a question or two EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:18 am

So, this week we noticed a baby, I didn't see all the others. Turns out we have counted 7 babies.

Is it normal for them to like to hang out at the top of the tank? many of mine seem to hang in the corner front of tank, which is sort of toward the discharge of my circulation pump. 3 or 4 of them seem to venture out more and onto other things.

I have a 36 gal bow front tank. I have had about 8 spotted corys be born and we have had 3 platys born in that tank.

I run it at about 82 to 84 degrees. I have to 55 gal filters that I run on it with bio, carbon and sponge inserts.

All the fish seem to be growing. I haven't really done anything to breed them. Fish just seem to want to breed in my tank.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

New babies, and a question or two Empty
PostSubject: Re: New babies, and a question or two   New babies, and a question or two EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:34 am

baby bristlenose will often hang around the top of the tank near the filter outlet. They love the flow!

Your temp is on the high end of the spectrum. It is not bad for the fish but it is not needed that high, unless there are other fish in the tank that need it that high like Discus or cardinal tetras etc.

having fish breed in your tank is a goo thing. People spend a lot of effort getting bristlenose to breed, others spend a lot of effort getting them to stop haha:cheers: 
Back to top Go down

New babies, and a question or two
Page 1 of 1