Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

love is in the air Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

love is in the air Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

love is in the air

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

love is in the air Empty
PostSubject: love is in the air   love is in the air EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 12:31 am

about three weeks ago i got my hands on four new albino females from the lfs fresh in from germany. having plenty of spare males that ive bred and kept back for myself i dicided to put the four fems and two males in a four foot tank with two caves some plastic plants and a peice of bog wood. one of the males claimed a cave straight away. the other male just hides behind the filter.over the the last few days ive noticed that three of the females were gravid and hanging around the males cave. so a spawning was on the cards. i got up this morning checked on the tank to find all the three females queing up to get in the cave. thought this was quite funny to watch to be honest and i just sat and watched. then one female went in and did the deed. after about 20 minutes or so another female went in but the male just chased her out the cave. he did this several times over the next few hours. then fineally let her in the cave to spawn. this female went in and out for around 2 hours. but chased the last of the three females all around the tank every time she came out the cave. as if to say keep out i found this very funny and was amused at what was going on ive never seen anything like it before
anyway i got a quick snap of the second female in the cave with the male and the clutch of eggs from the first female. i hope number three gets her chance and stops getting chased off all the time. ive now called this male romeo LOL. not the best pic but it was just a quicky with my phone.
[img]love is in the air 260[/img]
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

love is in the air Empty
PostSubject: Re: love is in the air   love is in the air EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:47 am

Great story deano its so easy to see why this species is so addictive and yeh they are really funny to watch , mine are the same they have loadsa character....
I predict quite a large clutch off eggs coming your way mate....
Cheers for the post and keep us posted on romeo... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
Angi-N-Wayne
V.I.P Member

Number of posts : 690
Job/hobbies : Fish are our hobbies
Thank You Points : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-22

love is in the air Empty
PostSubject: Re: love is in the air   love is in the air EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:51 am

Shame you didn't catch it on video Smile

Fantastic news though cheers
Back to top Go down
http://worm-cultures.com/
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

love is in the air Empty
PostSubject: Re: love is in the air   love is in the air EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:35 pm

Neat little story deano, it would have made a great feature in the story of the month thread - oh well.
cheers Congrats on another spawn cheers
cheers J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

love is in the air Empty
PostSubject: Re: love is in the air   love is in the air Empty

Back to top Go down

love is in the air
Page 1 of 1